More or less embarrassing to be stripped by the opposite sex?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help More or less embarrassing to be stripped by the opposite sex?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 591
        • Comments: 2563
        • Total: 3154
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

Diana likes this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 13
          • Comments: 136
          • Total: 149
          • Power Poster

I wonder if you included 5 straight and 5 gay people of each sex and and them this question whether the responses would be different. I feel the responses could get skewed just the nature of the question itself. I still think the question and responses would be good to see but would be nice to have them caveated with sexual preference.

I also think the difference between sexes will be interesting. Would more straight  women feel more comfortable being stripped by woman where as more men would also feel more comfortable being stripped by a woman.

For me I don’t think either is more embarrassing for me. If someone wants to strip me, or is told to by someone else. So long as the person doing it is happy to do it then go ahead. I’m happy to be naked in front of whoever wants to see me / strip me.

Ed likes this

Arthur
            • Long Island, New York, United States
            • Topics: 22
            • Comments: 216
            • Total: 238
            • Power Poster
            @shynudedude83

I’ve definitely given a lot of thought to the gender and power dynamics of nudity, especially when it’s of the nonmutual variety. I wrote an entire essay for one of my books on nudity about whether men or women are more uncomfortable being naked, and my figuring is that for women there is much more sexual objectification, so I feel that women are perhaps more used to being sexually objectified like that where as I think men are little bit more uncomfortable being vulnerable and exposed like that to a woman simply because it goes against the cultural norm.

And I guess that it is also true that the sexual orientation of the person does matter. I mean it would probably feel awkward to be undressed by members of the same sex who are homosexual and attracted to you, but when the attraction isn’t mutual it still doesn’t feel exactly the same. I mean would I feel perhaps less awkward about being undressed by a bunch of lesbian women who weren’t attracted to my naked body, perhaps, but it’s kind of difficult to say.

I think that when the attraction is mutual or when your sex lines up with people who are you are attracted to it makes a difference for sure. Like I think that for a lesbian to be stripped naked by other women would perhaps be more awkward because there could potentially be a mutual attraction. This is in contrast to say to members of the opposite sex who are both heterosexual and both potentially attracted to one another there does seem to be a very gendered power dynamic, where one of them is naked and the other one isn’t, as the person doing the undressing seems to be in a position of power and exposing the other person and making them vulnerable.

To me it matters a lot about the attitude of the person in general. I do think it would probably be much more uncomfortable and awkward being undressed by members of the opposite sex that you feel a mutual attraction to, and it really depends on how they react as well. I mean in a hospital setting where say a nurse was undressing you it somehow wouldn’t feel sexually charged. Now however as it was a woman your own age that you perhaps knew and you both had a heterosexual attraction towards one another the fact that she is getting to undress you and see you naked but you not getting to see her I think puts all of the cards in her table, and basically puts her in control of the situation and makes you vulnerable.

I do think that the some degree because of the fact that men tend to be in the more dominant position in society in most cases, and tend to be more sexually aggressive in most cases, not to generalize too much, I do think that a woman has to feel more vulnerable being dressed or undressed by a man and potentially more threatening or intense just because of the cultural norms I guess you would say.

On the other hand I have heard that women tend to be more rowdy and more excited in general when they are in a situation like say a male strip club, and I think that women tend to be much more open about laughing and enjoying themselves, and I think that that would be especially true in a situation where the tables are turned. So the attitude of the women definitely would have a lot to do with it. Again it was a clinical hospital situation and you are being undressed by say female nurse I probably wouldn’t find that to be extremely awkward or embarrassing or charged.

If however I was with a bunch of say female friends or female colleagues or students or classmates or whatever, and they were heterosexual and they were attracted to me, and I was being stripped naked and they were laughing and really yukking it up and having a grand old time with it, that would definitely make the whole situation a lot more intense and a lot more titillating for that reason. And the fact that it would also be exciting and would probably get me excited would probably make me visibly excited would also make the situation even more embarrassing, because they know that not only am I finding it extremely embarrassing but that I’m also getting turned on by it, and they know that they are somehow producing that reaction.

I do think that that sort of an added embarrassment for a guy is getting stripped by women specifically, in that a man could end up getting aroused from it in a visible way that would be obvious to the women, and when a woman knows that she is making a guy aroused like that by putting them in that vulnerable situation I think that that puts even more power to her in the situation like that.

That’s actually why am a big fan of CFNM, it’s kind of fun to see the normal dynamics reversed where you would have a man stripping a vulnerable woman and exposing her naked, it’s a lot different when you see a woman stripping a man naked and having fun at his expense like that, as that seems to be less common, and I think that it’s more difficult for the guy to really get used to, because again guys I think are not usually used to being in a vulnerable and exposed situation like that or sexually objectified by women in the way that men usually do towards women, so it sort of a very jarring kind of situation to be in.

But yeah I definitely think that the dynamics of it make a pretty big difference. Being the only person naked around members of the opposite sex who stay dressed of course would be the most dating situation because you are standing out like a sore thumb, and all of the members of the opposite sex are seeing your sexual body parts and sexually objectifying you and sizing you up and everything.

likes this

Diana
              • United States
              • Topics: 3
              • Comments: 62
              • Total: 65
              • Experienced Poster
              @enfdiana

It seems to me to be a ‘yes and no’ question. Typically, for male-female. Yes, it is more embarassing because there is that sexual undertone. But, that same undertone could remain there as @since1980 replied in terms of gay/lesbians stripping same gender people. However, right away, I would say it is more embarrassing and shameful.

and Ed like this

Arthur
                • Long Island, New York, United States
                • Topics: 22
                • Comments: 216
                • Total: 238
                • Power Poster
                @shynudedude83

@Diana

“It seems to me to be a ‘yes and no’ question. Typically, for male-female. Yes, it is more embarassing because there is that sexual undertone. But, that same undertone could remain there as @since1980 replied in terms of gay/lesbians stripping same gender people. However, right away, I would say it is more embarrassing and shameful.”

While it could potentially be sexual if there were gays or lesbians undressing a member of the same sex it still wouldn’t feel like it has the same sexual undercurrent as a male female sexual situation because there have probably been lots of situations where you have been in single-sex environments like bathrooms and locker rooms with homosexual members of the same sex but without there being any outward signs of direct sexuality or embarrassment. I probably wouldn’t be as weird about changing in a same sex environment but in a situation where dressed women are seeing you undressed it does seem more inherently sexual, maybe just because of the presumption (possibly wrongly) that in most cases both are heterosexual.

When you are with the opposite sex who is physically different from you and one of you is dressed and the other is not I think that it does sort of create a gendered power dynamic. If you are with a group of dressed members of the opposite sex and you are naked I think that anyone looking at that scene would probably look at the dressed people and think of them as being in charge of the situation and the naked person as basically being their naked entertainment.

Ed, and Diana like this

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.