Has spending time at home naked helped you?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Has spending time at home naked helped you?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 592
        • Comments: 2564
        • Total: 3156
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

There’s good evidence that it helps normalise being naked making you feel less self-conscious when naked in front of other people. Did that help you? If you haven’t got that far on your journey, do you think it might help you?

Arthur, John and Diana like this

Diana
          • United States
          • Topics: 3
          • Comments: 63
          • Total: 66
          • Experienced Poster
          @enfdiana

I suppose it can, but to me I don’t know if it can. To me, if I am naked with myself, I am comfortable with myself. The idea of wearing clothes and covering one’s nudity to me is a result of other people’s actions and gazes rather than our own.
          Now, if I grew up in a truly naked/nudist household, then perhaps I would be okay more with being naked with others because we all knew what each other looked like naked, and nothing bad happened as a result. Now, take that a step further and say we were a truly nudist family that went to resorts and nude beaches, I would be even more comfortable and okay being naked in front of others, even if they were clothed.

I guess to some people, it is helpful, but to me, the more one is naked in public the more comfortable they will be (even if it takes a while) with the idea.

But, since there are people in this world that take advantage of one’s nudity, being naked by myself I don’t have that true risk and fear that keeps many women clothed.

RFLE58, Ed, Arthur and 1 more person like this

John
            • Cheshire, England
            • Topics: 13
            • Comments: 272
            • Total: 285
            • Ace Poster
            • Verified as Male
            @seasider

I can get really cross about organised religion and the stupid taboos inflicted on people. It would be a lot easier to be naked without harassment, especially for women without.

I do spend a fair bit of time naked in the house in summer, less so in winter since the heating bills have gone through the roof, and it does help. Pretty certain a fair few of my neighbours will have seen me naked, not that I flaunt it, but I will walk past windows and I sunbathe nude in the back garden, unless I know that the neighbours children are about.

Diana and Ed like this

Arthur
              • Long Island, New York, United States
              • Topics: 22
              • Comments: 216
              • Total: 238
              • Power Poster
              @shynudedude83

I don’t really have the privacy to go naked by myself very often which is probably why it still feel strange and unnatural to me to be naked even when there aren’t any other people around. But I still think that there is a big stretch between being naked alone in private like that and being naked with other people whether or not they are dressed. I know that for people who were raised as nudist nudity doesn’t necessarily have a sexual connotation but for me I don’t think I could ever get around that, if I were naked around another person it would somehow feel sexual to me and that would make the experience rather awkward and intense but that is also what makes it exciting, but I can’t really speak from experience on that one…

It is funny though because I am a person who doesn’t really consider myself uptight in general as I think that there’s nothing wrong with nudity or the natural human body or natural bodily functions, and yet when you are doing that around other people or when you are like that it still feels rather unnatural. When you wear clothing 99.9% of the time when you find yourself naked it does feel sort of out of place, and to be that way when there are others around, particularly if others are dressed it really makes you feel out of place and that you stand out a lot more! But to me nudity without other people involved is fairly neutral in and of itself.

Diana likes this

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.