• Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 591
        • Comments: 2562
        • Total: 3153
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

Not sure why sometimes her clothes disappear depending on which camera is looking at her?

Eric Dom and Martin like this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 40
          • Comments: 722
          • Total: 762
          • Ace Poster

Different aspects of her personality perhaps? Different ways she sees herself or different ways others see her???

This bit reminds me of many many years ago when my then-girlfriend’s mother went into hospital wearing something only slightly less see-through than this. The top layer had a hood so not identical to this but not far off. She asked us if it was decent and, being young and not sure what to say, we assured her it was fine. I wonder if anyone ever said anything to her?

Martin and Ed like this

Anonymous
            • Ace Poster

Some say this neckline was the height of fashion in Georgian times. Others say it was just cartoonists taking the mickey out of slightly lowish tops.

Martin and Ed like this

Sangroid5k
              • United States of America
              • Topics: 0
              • Comments: 64
              • Total: 64
              • Experienced Poster
              • Verified as Male
              @antonx

Is there a correlation of this to prose vs verse?

Anonymous
                • Ace Poster

Googling nudity in shakespeare is interesting. We seem quite uptight these days about using nudity in mainstream media as part of the storytelling.

I remember from school that some Shakespeare speeches (and entire characters) are in verse and some in prose, so if it’s relevant and helpful to understanding the story, using nakedness to emphasise the contrast sounds good. The visual effect works well in this film. I wonder if it could be done using lighting on stage. Maybe there are veils that are quite opaque in some light and quite transparent in other light. The difference in lighting would have to be subtle enough not to become a distraction in itself.

I saw a production of Salome which was being filmed. When the lead actress had finished her dance of the seven veils, the lighting faded from in front of her, so the audience could see her naked body, to behind her so it was still obvious she was naked but modesty preserved. In the film, they edited out the front lit moment and, as an amateur observer, I couldn’t spot the join.

Martin and Ed like this

Anonymous
                  • Ace Poster

Dido and Aeneas, this time, not Shakespeare. One of these is definitely Dido and Aeneas, with a nice costume(!). I think the other two (different event) might be as well, and that would have been an interesting performance to go to!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.