What if total clothing allergies were a thing and you had it?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help What if total clothing allergies were a thing and you had it?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Arthur
        • Long Island, New York, United States
        • Topics: 22
        • Comments: 216
        • Total: 238
        • Power Poster
        @shynudedude83

I have written a lot of stories on this topic, even entire novels truth be told, it is something that I find to be one of my most interesting sort of nightmare fantasies I guess you would call it. Again it’s not reality-based at all and is totally speculative and I can even remember where the first idea occurred to me.

I remember when I was really young I read a story in the tabloid newspaper that of course is totally fake called Weekly World News about this woman who was allergic to clothing and had to go naked all the time and I guess as a person who is painfully shy around things like that it excited my young imagination.

So my question is I guess let’s say, and again this doesn’t have to make sense because it’s not a reality-based fantasy, let’s say there was some kind of a condition where a person was just completely allergic to clothing, meaning a lifetime of nudity wherever you go, including in public. And again let’s assume it’s like maybe affecting 1% of the population so it would have to be made legal for everyone to be going out naked in public.

My question is if you found yourself allergic to clothing how do you think that you would deal with it? Or to put the shoe on the other foot if say a significant other or friend or family member was affected how do you think that it would affect the way you interact with them?

I call this the ultimate nightmare fantasy because again as a person who is incredibly shy about that the idea of being naked everywhere I go would of course be a nightmare but it would also be intensely exciting simply because of the embarrassment factor. And as a person who is extremely introverted I feel like it would force me to be more extroverted because I would be standing out more in a crowd to say the least! To me the only one naked or non-mutual nudity situation is like the most intensely exciting but terrifying experience imaginable and that fear/excitement factor is what gets the motor running.

Diana and Paul like this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 40
          • Comments: 722
          • Total: 762
          • Ace Poster

People who are already naked will be used to it.

Everyone will be used to seeing naked people in public places.

Friends and partners of naked people will be used to everyone seeing their friend/partner naked.

The interesting bit for me is what happens when someone first becomes allergic to clothing. How do they feel about having to go out naked? They can see they’re not the only one, but they’re in a small minority. Hardly anyone they know has seen them naked before. If a man has a platonic female friend, how do they start to cope with her being naked when they’re together? If a newly-naked man is married, how does his wife feel about everyone seeing him naked? Does it make people more equal, so is a newly naked boss still seen as the boss? Is a newly naked low-level employee now seen as even more low-level? Or does being naked bring automatic respect, so is a newly naked low-level employee now gets treated better?

Lots to think about.

(When the experiments start being oversubscribed, it would be interesting to include someone who had never (as an adult) been naked before in front of anyone.)

Arthur likes this

Arthur
            • Power Poster
            @shynudedude83

@Prof Green
            I think these are all good points that I have considered in the numerous stories that I have written on the topic and now I will address each point that you have brought up from my personal standpoint.

“People who are already naked will be used to it.”

I don’t think that I would get used to it very easily, I am very used to wearing clothing!

“Everyone will be used to seeing naked people in public places.”

True but if only 1% of the population is affected that means in most public places where you are seen naked you will be the only one, so you will stand out, you will be a focus of attention wherever you happen to go.

“Friends and partners of naked people will be used to everyone seeing their friend/partner naked.”

True but it would still be a very weird feeling that every new person that you meet and probably hundreds of strangers every day are seeing you completely naked.

“The interesting bit for me is what happens when someone first becomes allergic to clothing. How do they feel about having to go out naked? They can see they’re not the only one, but they’re in a small minority. Hardly anyone they know has seen them naked before.”

To me I would find it extremely terrifying especially as I am a very shy person who tries not to draw attention to myself. As a person who only gets out of the house infrequently I could perhaps deal with it better than most but still the thought that every interaction that I am going to have a another person, particularly with members of the opposite sex, would just be excruciatingly embarrassing beyond words. And even if people who know you get used to you being naked every time you go out in public there will be dozens or hundreds of strangers who get to see every inch of you, so will always be a new experience of being seen naked by new people.

And again the fact that it’s a small minority of people means that you will really stand out. Like I said if it’s only 1% of the public that is affected most of the places you go you will be the only one naked and you will be constantly drawing attention to yourself.
            I actually consider this in light of the fact that I am a very private, shy and introverted individual never approaches people in public that I don’t know. So when I think of this I feel like being a public nudist would be sort of like forcing me out of my shell and my comfort zone and forcing me to be more extroverted because when you are naked people will probably feel more confident about approaching you if they are dressed.

I did think that maybe one of the benefits of this was that maybe I wouldn’t be single any longer. I don’t consider myself particular attractive but I think that there would be a large number of women who probably would be attracted to the fact that there was a person that they could be with you always got to be naked or who always had to be naked around them. Somehow I think that if you are completely dressed and you got to a guy who is naked I think that that would probably bolster your confidence because you basically have them as sort of like at your mercy I guess. I do feel that being naked is a very submissive position to be in.

But you also have to consider one other thing, what type of person would want to be with a person who is naked all the time, probably somebody who really gets off on having them as arm candy or something like that. But I feel like regardless of how attractive you are if you are naked in public all of the time you’re probably going to get approached by a lot of people in general.
            Once again as a person who is very shy and somewhat unapproachable the idea of someone say in the bookstore just coming in talking me up would be extremely intimidating. I have to admit occasionally when I’ve been out in a public place I thought of just how I would react or how people would react if I was forced to go naked and I see these women around me and I think how would they react if I were naked and how many would approach me. I do feel like there are some people who would probably find it really fun to chat up a naked person because you are like a captive audience almost, and you can’t complain at them for looking at you because you are out there and on display and everything so every sort of interaction with another person becomes sort of like this thing where they are getting to see all of you.

Once again though you still have to live your life so I suppose it wouldn’t change me that much, I would probably be a little bit more socially withdrawn in my house and everything, but given that I only get out occasionally I suppose every time that I did get out would probably be quite the adventure!

“If a man has a platonic female friend, how do they start to cope with her being naked when they’re together?”

That would be really awkward because in general even if things were platonic it’s hard not to get excited by a naked woman like that!

But I always put myself in the position of the naked person and how awkward it would be to be the naked man in a situation like that. In fact when I think about the scenario I often think what if the virus that made you allergic to clothing was gender specific, say if it only affected biologically male people and how that specifically would be like an entire other ballgame and I’ve given this aspect probably the most thought of all.

The way I see it if the virus was gender specific and it only affected women that that would be a horrible thing for those women affected because they would be constantly harassed and assaulted and everything like that, but if the virus had only affected men it would probably just result in a lot of embarrassment so would be comparatively more benign. I also think it would result in male nudity becoming sort of the norm and normalized and would perhaps be somewhat empowering to women in some degree over the fact that now all of the attention would be focused on naked men rather than naked women.

I actually chatted about this with someone who is big into feminism and she said that she really applauded the idea of all of those men being naked and we came to the interesting conclusion that is incredibly embarrassing as it would be it would feel like the proper feminist response would be for the men who were affected to just sort of suck it up and deal with it seeing as women have had to deal with that since the beginning of time, so I would feel like a whiner if I sort of complained about it and I feel like I would be forced to develop a thicker skin about it, but it would still be kind of hard to deal with because it would still be very embarrassing the fact that I was being seen naked!

I also talked to a woman who had body dysmorphic disorder and she admitted that she would probably feel a lot better about her body up there were a bunch of naked men walking around all the time.

Most of my friends are online and the fence that I do have off-line I don’t see very often so it probably wouldn’t be a huge issue, and most of the women I know outside of my family are pretty open-minded and sex positive about these things and would probably find it a source of humor more than anything else but there is this one woman that I knew back in college and all I can think about is if that happened to me then oh my God it’s almost unimaginable! I actually wrote a story about this as the premise.

There was this woman I knew in college named Kirsten, really attractive, we were just sort of friends and everything but I thought that maybe if I had been less shy maybe something would have developed. But she was really bright, very very progressive, and ultraliberal all around, huge feminist and everything, the very model of a social justice warrior, just to put this thing into perspective.

Although things were always just platonic between us I can’t imagine or I can almost imagine how things might have been different if I had suddenly been forced to be naked all the time. In particular I would find it rather ironic because I remember there was this one time that I think about now where she was wearing this like really revealing shirt that really really accentuated her cleavage, like you don’t want to seem like a pig but if you look at her it’s impossible not to notice it because she had really big breasts and everything and it was like so hard not to stare.

And now years later when I think of this scenario all I can think of is all my God what would it have been like if I was staring at her like that but that she was staring at me like completely naked. It would just be like unimaginably awkward and embarrassing.

But the thing about her that was really great is that she was really nurturing and accepting of everything, but she is the kind of person who would probably take up the cause for the naked minority, so it would be kind of awkward to have this female friend who is like this is my naked friend everywhere we go together and basically just yukking it up and everything like that. And I think that she would probably have had a lot of fun with saying that she was a naked men’s rights advocate as on the one hand she is trying to help these people, but on the other hand I think that she would probably really enjoy the fact that she gets to be around a guy who is naked all the time.

That is where I think a lot of the people afflicted with nudity would probably have a hard time having simply platonic relationships with the opposite sex. Because although you can keep it Platonic and everything when that person is naked and all of their parts out on display it’s kind of hard not to get turned on by the and over time I think would be hard not to think of them and it sort of a sexual manner. But that actually sort of brings us to the next point that you brought up.

“If a newly-naked man is married, how does his wife feel about everyone seeing him naked?”

I think that it would vary based on the woman with some women being jealous, but I think that there would probably be a certain class of women who really just absolutely love it or would want to exclusively date a naked man because she could parade him around basically is arm candy wherever she went. And if you see two people and you see a woman wearing clothes and the man completely naked you assume that the woman is the one quite literally wearing the pants in the relationship! You see her as the one in charge and it’s impossible not to be sort of deferential to her because people are seeing her in a nonsexual light where everywhere you go everyone is looking at you and thinking that’s that woman’s arm candy, sort of advertising to the world I’ve got a naked guy around my arm here!

I’m not married but if I were and I were forced to go naked all the time my wife got to stay dressed in public I couldn’t help but feel extraordinarily submissive to her. I mean it would be weird even having a conversation where she is always dressed in getting to see every inch of you, and the sexual tension would be probably through the roof quite honestly. I mean in polite society when both people are dressed you are not thinking about sex, but if you had a spouse who is always naked in public it’s kind of hard to not be constantly thinking about the fact that they are naked.

So when it comes down to it as I think that a naked man married to a woman who gets to keep her clothing on would definitely be a very female dominant relationship. Even if they weren’t into that is sort of a kink, I think it would just naturally fall into that pattern of the woman taking the lead and being the one who is taken seriously.

“Does it make people more equal, so is a newly naked boss still seen as the boss? Is a newly naked low-level employee now seen as even more low-level? Or does being naked bring automatic respect, so is a newly naked low-level employee now gets treated better?”

Honestly I think that naked would become sort of the new minority and they would probably be discriminated against unfortunately. It’s a idea as a fantasy but when you think about the practical realities of it you have to figure that people will probably see the naked people as outcasts, because although it would be nice to think that humanity could be mature about it even I have to admit if I saw a person naked in public all I would be thinking about is the fact that they were naked. Even if I got to know them as a person I would still be thinking first and foremost that the nudity was like one of the most defining aspects of their existence.

I mean I think that that would be a major adjustment for me because I am used to being taken seriously I’m used to being a very private person so for everyone to think of me first and foremost as a that’s that naked guy would just be so awkward and embarrassing. Being a minority group that is defined by the fact that you are naked and that everybody views you and objectified as you like that would probably be a harder stigma to overcome than any other type that had ever existed in all honesty.

And admittedly is kind of hard to be mature about the fact that there would be an entire segment of society that was awkward and embarrassed and naked in public all the time. I have a good self-deprecating sense of humor but this would certainly be a lot to take! I think it would be like a major focus of attention is something like this happened so those who are afflicted would probably never be able to overcome the stigma or ever to escape from it. Everyone would be paying attention to them everywhere they go.

“(When the experiments start being oversubscribed, it would be interesting to include someone who had never (as an adult) been naked before in front of anyone.)”

That’s me! You see that’s precisely why I think that this situation in this scenario that I am describing would be so intense. I am literally the most private person ever who is completely inexperienced with any of this stuff and no sexual experience, so the idea of just being naked in public everywhere I go for the rest of my life, again I have good self-deprecating humor but that would be a lot to take!

I have actually talked about this with a couple of people and a written a lot of stories about it but somebody thought it was actually pretty funny the idea of someone like me having to deal with something like that. A person who was an exhibitionist to a nudist would just blow it off and there would be nothing big deal about it, but to me who has never been seen naked by another human being to be a public nudist like that, I think a lot of people would probably find that absolutely hilarious to see, and I couldn’t get mad at them because situation reversed I would probably find it hilarious as well.

And going back to what I said about sort of sucking it up and growing a thicker skin, one of the points that came up in that conversation was that the person thought it would be nice if all of the macho arrogant guys afflicted with it and ended up being humiliated and humbled, but then they thought that since I am genuinely already kind of very shy and not arrogant or not macho at all, seeing me have to deal with being completely naked in every interaction I ever have with a woman for the rest of my life would be quite a sight to see!

Also all things considered I put a pretty uninteresting and boring life, and is excruciatingly embarrassing as the situation would be it would certainly make things a lot more interesting, that’s for sure. In fact when you look at all of the depressing things going on in the world I think something like this happening would actually be something more lighthearted and amusing, maybe it would end up taking focus away from more important things, but on some level I think it might be more easy to difficult with hey there are a bunch of naked guys around and watching all of the women laugh at that than having to despair over the fact that the world has gone crazy. In an age of social media and craziness I can only imagine how much something like a nudity virus or a clothing allergy would introduce to the world. Again for those affected it would be no laughing matter, but for the world as a whole, purely hilarious! Though again, to be the focus of the world’s comic relief, I mean I can be self-deprecating, but still, wow…

Also sites like these might be a LOT more active….

likes this

Anonymous
              • Ace Poster

The naked people have always been enslaved by the dressed ones (the textiles). When someone is diagnosed with the allergy, they are first initiated into nakedness by the textiles (I wonder what happens to the naked ones during the initiation), then again by the naked ones (I wonder what happens this time), and then they work as servants (and, again, I wonder what happens to them while they are enslaved naked servants). Fortunately, they eventually discover that the textiles have a cure for the allergy and have been hiding it from them. They rebel and eventually overthrow the textiles. (I wonder how they get revenge.)

Arthur
                • Power Poster
                @shynudedude83

Textiles? I’m afraid I totally don’t get what you are trying to say here lol.

Anonymous
                    • Ace Poster

I was using “textile” as a label for people who stay dressed. Naturists use the word that way.

John
                    • Cheshire, England
                    • Topics: 13
                    • Comments: 272
                    • Total: 285
                    • Ace Poster
                    • Verified as Male
                    @seasider

I actually get eczema on my legs and it is often caused by ckothing/washing powder etc.

I’ll have to have a word with the doctor 🙂

Ed likes this

Arthur
                      • Power Poster
                      @shynudedude83

@Prof Green

“I was using “textile” as a label for people who stay dressed. Naturists use the word that way.”

I have never heard that term before but I am sure that if this scenario happened the dressed people would probably have a whole bunch of derogatory terms for all of the naked people. The sad truth is they would probably become the new underclass, not necessarily slaves but certainly very low on social status I would imagine.

To be fair I’m not very high on the social status totem pole but I think that being forced to be a public nudist would be a very major step down. It’s kind of hard to feel equal to anyone when you are the only naked in every situation. And I feel like it would be a very isolating situation because in most places you went you would probably be the only one naked. If it were affecting 1% of men that would be like in a crowd of 100 women and 100 men you would be the only one naked and would really stand out!

And I feel like making fun of the nakeds would be like the new acceptable prejudices in society, and you almost can’t get mad because it’s kind of hard to be mature about these things, and as a person who loves that type of humor to be on the receiving end, the butt if you will, pun intended, or just be like almost hard to comprehend just how maddening that would be.

And the thing is I feel that while there would probably be a lot of people arguing for more equal rights for naked people, I feel like that they probably wouldn’t be a kind of group who gets together and organizes on a large scale or anything like that so to speak. It’s one thing to say I am a civil rights advocate, it’s another thing a that I am a naked person and I am a naked rights advocate, you don’t want to draw attention to yourself when everyone’s going to see you naked. Imagine being a naked person and becoming famous, that would be like the ultimate nightmare!

But I think the truth is if you had a bunch of guys who were naked in society while some of them would probably advocate for better treatment and better rights I feel that most of them would probably just avoid each other, and I have to admit I would probably be no different. I would just sort of meekly accept my circumstances and be smiling and polite even as I am blushing as a jaybird everywhere I go.

In fact I think that most of the naked guys would probably end up gravitating towards being around women simply because I think women would probably enjoy seeing them in that state, and I feel like it would become a woman’s cause more than anything, like I was saying earlier with my friend from college. Naked women would be harassed, naked men are just a source of amusement.

For better and worse I feel like society would eventually just normalize the fact that there were naked people around and that sexual objectification of whoever was affected would become the norm and they would just have to sort of put up with it as best they can because it probably wouldn’t ever change beyond that.

Once again I have good self-deprecating humor about this but it would be kind of awkward to go from that shy sort of socially withdrawn nerdy academic type do when people hear my name people subtly smirking you say, oh, you mean the one who can’t wear clothing!

@John

“I actually get eczema on my legs and it is often caused by ckothing/washing powder etc.

I’ll have to have a word with the doctor”

You know I think that that might be somewhat partially the inspiration for this idea in my head first place. I actually do have very sensitive skin in general and I am frequently scratching myself all the time so if a virus like this actually did exist I would probably be one of the people who is prone to it.

Of course that would be especially embarrassing to go from why can’t you stop scratching yourself to oh my God you are naked everywhere you go now! I think it would probably be ironic if I ended up coming down with a condition like this seeing as in my family and friends group I am considered to be the weird one, so having to be naked in public would just be considered one more weird thing.

And I feel like maybe people wouldn’t be as sympathetic for that particular reason. Because I am always talking about all this weird stuff and how people shouldn’t be ashamed of their bodies and yet if I were in this situation I feel like I would be standing around covering myself up blushing profusely everywhere I go, so I guess it would expose me as perhaps not as body positive in action as I am in philosophy!

Although I think that again the irony of the situation given how shy and withdrawn I am is that I really do feel if I were stuck in this situation I would be more popular and be forced to be more social. Now I would be shy to approach any stranger that I don’t know but I can see in this scenario a bunch of women just coming over and being like I did the naked guy is probably a lot of fun to be around!

It reminds me of something I saw in a book recently where they were pointing out that if a woman was naked everyone would feel the need to protect her from harassment, but if a guy was naked he would be assumed to want constant attention from women, and in a situation like this even if you were ludicrously shy the way I was, just the fact that you are naked in public would be sort of like an invitation for people to go over and engage you, and again being very meek and shy I would probably just stand there blushing and cringing but continuing to be polite about it. Being naked in public is not a path towards greater confidence, although maybe over time as people enjoy seeing you naked it would lead to more body acceptance.

Arthur
                        • Power Poster
                        @shynudedude83

Another good question to ask going along with this whole topic is how many people here would be brave enough to say that they would actually want to be affected by the nudity virus? It’s well and good to say that you like posting naked pictures of yourself occasionally or enjoy recreational nudity but having to be naked everywhere all the time everywhere you go for the rest of your life, now that’s another thing altogether!

Another interesting thing that this would bring up as I was just thinking of the other thread about if you get a certain number of likes on a post somebody would get naked and all of this other stuff, and I thought of an fiendishly evil thing in a world where a nudity virus afflicted people.

I just checked and apparently we have 634 active members here, the majority of whom are men. If the 1% virus affected the men that would mean that out of all of the people here only maybe five or six would be afflicted, and I have to say for those people being here it must be a really weird thing being around people who voluntarily choose to participate in naked games while thinking that your whole life is a naked game involuntarily!

I mean on places like this I prefer to remain anonymous and not post any real pictures or anything, but I figure that if I were afflicted with the nudity virus everyone’s going to see me anyway so what is there really to hide?

So I have to say to be afflicted by something like that and to be part of a community like this would be a really weird and awkward feeling. It’s weird to be posting on a group full of voluntary people voluntarily getting naked and thinking as you see all of them they get to be naked, whereas when they are seeing me posting they are thinking he HAS to be naked and wondering how many people would be evilly smirking about that.

Again it’s a really intense scenario to think of, it would be terrifying in reality, but I have to admit as much as it terrifies me it would be super interesting to see what it would be like to have to interact with the world and places like this in a world where I have no choice but to always be the one naked, and I think even a lot of people who like getting naked voluntarily would find that a lot difficult to take!

In fact going to that other thread that somebody made about six likes would get them naked I thought of an even more terrifying take on that using this scenario and I think it would be interesting to see what the results would be. So here’s an evil little thought experiment, knowing how painfully bashful and shy I am, let’s say the scenario was going to happen but you could influence who would end up being naked. Let’s just leave it at this, if six people like this post I would be afflicted, would you really be so evil as to do that to somebody so bashful just for some naked kicks?

Ed and Mark Oz like this

Anonymous
                            • Ace Poster

This reminds me of people losing stripgames on purpose. I’ve done it myself to encourage others to also get naked, and also other times occasionally just because I wanted to be seen naked. (I didn’t want to do the forfeits but they go with the territory!)

Volunteering to be the parcel in strip pass-the-parcel would be another example. Has anyone ever done that? I haven’t, sadly.

A “game” version of the virus would be to play some sort of chasing and tagging game, where whoever is caught has to strip naked and then become the catcher. That could be a good beach game – stripping wouldn’t take long!

Arthur
                            • Power Poster
                            @shynudedude83

Yes it would be fun to play as a game as well, although it’s more interesting to think about the reality of it. I wonder if a person were condemned to constant public nudity for the rest of their lives whether it was lose intensity over time. A lot of people say that eventually you would do have to get used to it and that it would lose its charge, and yet I feel like it wouldn’t because every time you meet a new person it’s like they are seeing you for the first time naked all over again, so it sort of like a constant state of every social interaction is an entire new naked adventure, and I think that human nature being what it is it would be kind of hard for people to resist making that naked person’s life extremely uncomfortable!

And while experiences a good teacher and I think that you can get used to anything eventually I still feel like you don’t overcome your inherent nature. If I were suddenly forced to go naked in public all the time it still wouldn’t change the fact that I was a very shy individual just by my nature, so I feel like just on that basis the intensity wouldn’t diminish with time, in fact I think it would probably exacerbated because as the longer it goes on the more ingrained it becomes part of your identity that everybody sees you as that naked guy and response to you accordingly. And it might be hard to have a serious relationship with a woman if every woman that you meet sees you naked all the time right off the bat. So any woman who does start a relationship with you is doing so on the basis of “hey my boyfriend can never wear clothing!”

It really is a thing that, as lighthearted as it is to think about, would drastically effect every relationship in your life and how you relate to society as  whole. You would say that being naked shouldn’t be seen as such a big deal and yet it is, and for somebody like me who is not used to having been seen naked or who hasn’t been seen naked by anyone up until this point, the idea of being seen naked by EVERYONE is like a total 360 from the life I am living now, and to me that is the thing that is the most interesting to contemplate and explore and terrifying at the same time.

Arthur
                              • Power Poster
                              @shynudedude83

In some ways I feel for those who enjoy seeing so much public nudity courtesy of the 1% allergic is in its own way like the ultimate schadenfreude. The 1% are providing a free strip show to the world daily at the cost of their public embarrassment. I have to admit it would be a weird feeling knowing that lots of men and women out there were sort of getting off on the fact that I had to go naked everywhere that I went.

But there was this one woman I was chatting with about this whole scenario and she said that it would be great because she used to spend so much money at male strip clubs that to be getting so much for free would just be like the ultimate. So for their perspective I would say that that’s great for them. As a person who is a fan of looking at images of women naked in public among dressed people, I would be a total hypocrite if I got annoyed at women for enjoying the world being flooded with men naked in public with dressed women, but when you are one of those guys that does make you feel sort of awkward, when you hear everybody sort of talking about how great this is why you are just thinking every day how incredibly embarrassing it is.

Once again, it’s a weird feeling to think in a place like this that there could be hundreds of people fiendishly smirking while staying dressed at home and seeing someone like me logging on and thinking ha, that’s the guy who has to be naked all the time, awesome! Yeah it’s awesome for the people watching but for the people experiencing wow! Honestly it would be a weird feeling being in a naked community where you are the always the source of nudity while everybody else gets to watch and smirk and smile about it from the comfort of their homes, the mental effect is almost unimaginable.

And the thing that makes it really awkward is the fact that even though it would be mortifying to be in that situation at the same time it is sort of titillating and I think that that’s partially the appeal of the situation. I would be too shy to voluntarily get naked in public and everything like that, but if something like this forced me into a situation like that it would be like a very huge jolt of excitement into a very dull existence.

To go from that person who is always just sort of commenting on these things and watching images and videos online from my ivory tower, to suddenly be the big naked joke in everybody’s life, to think that every woman that I meet would probably be thinking every time they see me here comes the naked boy and just yukking it up and having a grand old time with that is an exhilarating adrenaline pumping thought. To have to go from being super shy to being an involuntary exhibitionist, I really couldn’t imagine a more intense experience.

Another thing that makes the intensity of it is sort of the one-sided thing of it as there is sort of something that is incredibly titillating but incredibly frustrating about the fact of people getting to see you but not you them. It’s like to be put in a situation in which you would enjoy and be amused at seeing others in is sort of like the ultimate psychological tease and denial. It would be funny to think that I could be around lots of women that I would think of as attractive and be imagining what they would look like naked in public but never getting to actually see that, while every time they are around me it’s like another opportunity for them to live out that personal fantasy. It sort of like saying we like seeing you naked, but we get to stay dressed, so ha! Mentally it’s really just wow, totally unimaginable.

Anonymous
                                • Ace Poster

I still think people would stop noticing, so the most interesting moment is when someone has to get naked for the first time. Have their friends/colleagues been wondering what they looked like naked and now they find out? How do they feel about it themselves, now having to do something that has previously only happened to other people?

Thinking of not noticing, a few weeks ago I was lying on my back bottomless when I turned over after a medical test (all completely normal, nothing to worry about) and chatting to whoever was in the room. When it came to wheel me down the corridor, a nurse asked if I would like a blanket over me, and I realised I was exposed. Obviously they’re trained to ask before they do anything, but I wonder what would have happened if I’d said no?!

Ed
                                    • Wales, UK
                                    • Topics: 590
                                    • Comments: 2559
                                    • Total: 3149
                                    • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
                                    @ed

The naked people might stop noticing they are naked if they live in a temperate climate, but here they could not go outdoors for most of the year as they would freeze.

Also, I don’t believe the non-naked people would stop noticing. I haven’t stopped noticing leggings and they’ve been common for a long time now.

Arthur
                                        • Power Poster
                                        @shynudedude83

@Ed

“The naked people might stop noticing they are naked if they live in a temperate climate, but here they could not go outdoors for most of the year as they would freeze.”

I don’t think it’s even a matter of climate it wouldn’t matter if I was warm or cold if I were naked and other people who are dressed I would really really be feeling the fact that I was naked!

“Also, I don’t believe the non-naked people would stop noticing. I haven’t stopped noticing leggings and they’ve been common for a long time now.”

This! I think this is something I keep going back to. Yes if something like this happened and there was a 1% of the population who was rendered naked eventually people would start to get accustomed to it but they would certainly be taking notice and they certainly wouldn’t regarded as neutral. I think that the average heterosexual person if they saw a member of the opposite sex naked is going to look at them and is going to be intrigued by them, and if you are a small percentage of the population you would stand out everywhere you go.

So yes maybe over time people would get used to the fact that this is the way things are but for the naked people everywhere they go they would be constantly reminded of the fact that they were naked. They would be constantly approached by dressed people who would be having a grand old time at their expense and there would be very little that could be done about it. Like I said for people who like seeing other people naked it would be a golden age and the naked people really can’t do much about it except just sort of grin and bear it.

And yeah I think it would be the case even long into the future. Once it had been accepted as normal for a decade still every time you go out every time that you leave the house naked the dressed people are going to notice you everywhere you go and every day you go out you will be exposed to new people who have not previously seen you naked before so it’s something you probably would never fully get used to even if you accepted the situation.

Ed likes this

Arthur
                                      • Power Poster
                                      @shynudedude83

@Prof Green

I guess over time it would become normalized so maybe people wouldn’t be stareing or shocked as much but I still think that people are going to still be looking. I mean yes once you have been around family and friends and work colleagues who have seen you numerous times it would probably become more normalized and it wouldn’t be as shocking or as intense.

However I think in the general population people are still going to look. I was chatting with a female nudist the other day who admited regardless of how attractive a guy is if he is naked she’s gonna get a good look in about it. If you see a naked man or a naked woman walking down the street, particularly if they are the only one naked, they are going to stand out and you are probably going to look and I think that people are probably also going to smirk and stare and snicker. Again over time it would probably become less but I still think it would be considered a source of amusement and titillation for the average person.

I don’t think the medical situation that you describe can be comparable to being seen naked in public. In one case it’s a formal hospital setting with people who are used to seeing that in a clinical sense and still relatively private to the outside world, if you had to go naked everywhere you went out in public all the time encountering every day people who are not clinical about it that is a very different thing. I mean I have been in sort of situations and medical situations like that but I never really felt embarrassed by that because of the clinical nature of it.

I mean I guess I would put it like this. It’s the difference between say going for your physical and having a female physician looking at you in a purely clinical detached sense of the word, very nonsexual very neutral, and say being out on the street and having an attractive dressed woman come up to you and start chatting you up looking you up and down with a smirk on her face and really eating it up, to me the two situations are completely worlds apart, and if you were in this situation yourself the later would be basically the much more common situation and reaction. You visit your physician once in a while, you see women in the public every time you set foot outside. Even just walking a few street corners tons of people will see you and it’s kind of hard to ignore since you know at least a few are getting off on it.

But to come to your final point, which for me is kind of “the biggie” so to speak.

“How do they feel about it themselves, now having to do something that has previously only happened to other people?”

Here is where I feel it is almost sort of a case of poetic justice so to speak, karma! Now if I were in this situation and I were one of the people who wasn’t allergic to clothing I have to admit I would find seeing the people who were to be a source of utter hilarity. I mean it would be more entertaining for me if it was women naked, but even assuming it was just men naked, although I wouldn’t find naked men attractive, I would find it still hilarious, it would find it kind of interesting to see men sort of cringing and embarrassment in public as women were having a grand old time at their expense, it is great seeing women getting the upper hand all of the sudden while fully admitting if I were the one in that position it would be very very uncomfortable!

Again I probably wouldn’t tease them so much myself and would be polite and respectful about it in public, but I would still be laughing on the inside and thinking that this was a pretty hilarious thing, all of these people forced to go naked in public, and the fact that their images would probably be all over the Internet for the picking. It would really be like sort of a golden age both of naked pictures and, if it were men specifically affected, female comedy! Female comedians would have it made out for them if a naked man is unfortunate enough to be in her audience!

So now where that sense of poetic justice comes in, is me who finds this whole situation just a source of pure hilarity and delight, suddenly find it’s now my naked ass being exposed to the public everywhere I go, now it’s kind of not the same ballgame any longer! Having to do that for the first time, to go out naked for the first time and face the world knowing that I am sort of this minority that is literally defined by nudity, that by the population at large is probably seen as a source of amusement, especially if I had previously been in the privileged standpoint of getting to be an observer, would really be just totally turning my world around on its head.

As a person who is a little bit two-faced about this in that I always say that the human body is no big deal and that nudity should be no big deal, while secretly being as bashful as a jaybird, to suddenly be thrust into this situation would be overwhelming. I mean I have a good sense of humor about this but being on the receiving end and constantly seeing all of the laughs and smiles of everyone as you walk out in public would make you really really feel how much you stand out.

One of the more frustrating things is it’s kind of hard to snicker and smirk at the other naked people when you are naked person yourself. Even seeing other naked people say on the street and making eye contact with them it sort of like an awkward thing as though you are basically saying, yeah were both in the same boat, and now everybody is laughing it up and everything, and you kind of just have to take it and pretend it doesn’t bother you, but at the same time every time you leave the house you are being seen naked by new people. That’s what really is the thing, over time your friends and family and loved ones might get used to it, might be a little bit more sympathetic, but the population at large of strangers when they see you walking down the street are going to immediately take notice and be amused by or turned on b you. So every time you leave the house you are being exposed to new people every day, so although you would think that the feeling would diminish over time it probably wouldn’t really.

And then it’s also kind of a weird thing where you have to say female friends joking about all of the naked guys and yet you are standing there naked. It’s almost like if somebody tells an uncomfortable racist joke and you don’t want to say anything, I mean if you are standing around your female friends and you see them looking at pictures of a naked guy in public and laughing about it while you are standing there naked and they are sort of staring at you and smirking it would be a really awkward and uncomfortable feeling.

Again I have a great sense of humor but it’s easier to be the one laughing than being the one laughed at. I think that my friends would be nice about it and everything, but at some level you can’t help but think every time he you are with even platonic female companions who are seeing you naked and trying to hide a smile you can’t help but think that they are still finding this whole thing a real laugh riot and the joke is entirely on you!

As you can see I put a ridiculous amount of thought into this which is precisely why if it did happen to me it would be kind of hard to think about anything else. I mean maybe a person who didn’t have this interest would be able to blow it off more, but I think for a person in communities like this who is actively fascinated by this to be in that situation it would become the total defining aspect of your life everywhere you go and you would never sort of be able to shake off that feeling of all eyes being on you all the time.

And yeah I would be forced to go a thick skin about it and be forced to confront my own hypocrisy to a degree, and while I would celebrate this new development and how much fun that say my female friends might be having about it, at the same time to suddenly go from being that shy awkward guy who sits at a computer and discusses nudity from the ivory tower to suddenly walking down the street as a bunch of random women start whistling and hollering and shouting “here comes the naked guy” everywhere you go, yeah maybe in time you would learn to deal with it, but I think that every time it would still make me stop in my tracks, blush bright enough red that I could guide Santa’s sleigh from the other side of the world and feel that everything else in the world has gone away with the entire focus on my naked body. That is a feeling that I don’t think I would ever truly get use to no matter how long I had experienced it for. So yeah, it’s a good thing I do have a pretty good sense of humor! If nothing else at least my life would no longer be considered boring as I think people will find my existence a great source of delight, amusement and  titillation like I used to do fully dressed from the comfort of my computer in the privacy of my own home, just like I had before I suddenly found the shoe on the other foot, or rather found all the clothing off of the other foot!

Arthur
                                        • Power Poster
                                        @shynudedude83

I’ve been thinking about this and posting about this all over the place a lot again lately and it’s funny because I have talked about this scenario with people who are actual nudist and they think it would be great because they would get the freedom of being able to go naked in public all the time because it would become normalized, but I feel that the irony would be it would be at the expense of people who have the virus and don’t have that choice. Somehow the lack of choice in being naked is what makes the experience incredibly intense, that and having to interact with people who are still able to wear clothing.

And it was funny because as I was chatting about this I realized that that was actually a very very frustrating notion. And I was thinking of people on this board who like to get naked recreationally but I am guessing that the majority of people here probably would prefer to wear clothing most of the time and in most situations. So it would be kind of ironic if you are interacting with a group of people some of whom you knew where nudists who are comfortably dressed while you were forced to go naked.

And once again being on a board like this where everybody was celebrating the fact that they can CHOOSE to go naked voluntarily in selective situations of their choosing while I was FORCED to go naked everywhere in every situation would be a special kind of masochistic feeling! It is much more intense being naked when you are unable to do something almost everyone else can do by putting on clothing.

Arthur
                                          • Power Poster
                                          @shynudedude83

“And once again being on a board like this where everybody was celebrating the fact that they can CHOOSE to go naked voluntarily in selective situations of their choosing while I was FORCED to go naked everywhere in every situation would be a special kind of masochistic feeling! It is much more intense being naked when you are unable to do something almost everyone else can do by putting on clothing.”

I from time to time constantly think about this whole scenario sometimes to the point where it completely consumes my thoughts, and now that I’m writing another novella of the premise for the 1% naked I automatically thought of this thread and had sort of like a nightmare thought it would be interesting to see how it would play out.

A few months ago when I started this thread I mentioned how there were like 634 members here and I was just thinking to myself how much sympathy or how much ridicule or how much titillation it would bring out in people to find somebody in such a helpless and embarrassing situation, especially when they didn’t want to be in that situation.

So here is an evil question, and I give everybody real props for honesty in your answers, let’s say this virus ended up being released into the population but it was more rare, let’s say out of every single person on this board, all 634 or however many there are now, I was the absolute ONLY ONE afflicted by the nudity virus and that no matter how many people seem to be joining I still was the only one afflicted by it, the always ONLY ONE NAKED!

The question is, again given this is a message board for people who enjoy recreational nudity but who in polite company probably enjoy being dressed most of the time, if I were so afflicted and was the only one on this board so afflicted would be a feeling of sympathy or would the fact that I was trapped in that situation suddenly make me the most interesting person he and everyone would just be salivating at the idea that I couldn’t escape from such a situation!

Like this post if you would find such a situation like that irresistible to exploit!

And again I realized the irony of the situation and that I like participating in this board but really haven’t done any kind of naked challenges or experiments myself, so the irony would be I would go from that to basically my entire life being like one big naked experiment while everybody else is just along from the ride and getting to keep their clothing on most of the time!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.