Dare complications for those not in free countries

Forums Naked Participation Dare Challenges Weekly Dare Challenge #1 Dare complications for those not in free countries

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 603
        • Comments: 2642
        • Total: 3245
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

When I set up this dare challenge, I’m afraid I didn’t consider those who are living in regimes which are a  little more oppressive than ours. Here in the UK, nudity is only illegal if deliberate distress is intended.

I don’t want to encourage anyone to break the law (as I’ve stated previously) but outdoor dares are a large component of these dares. However, it seems unfair on participants living in countries where nudity outdoors is banned.

Sorry to do it this way, but I’m going to let the dares play out as planned and then start a new dare challenge after that, designed to cater for those not living in free countries. It would be great if anyone could suggest alternates to the outdoor dares as we go along. I’ll keep a list of them to help build the next challenge.

Ed
          • Wales, UK
          @ed

No comments on this issue?

Martin
            • Berkshire UK
            • Topics: 9
            • Comments: 318
            • Total: 327
            • Ace Poster
            • Verified as Male
            @martin

I agree with why you have said.

Ed likes this

eeastwood09
              • USA
              • Topics: 0
              • Comments: 39
              • Total: 39
              • Experienced Poster
              @eeastwood09

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Ed,</p>
              I am going to put my 2 cents here as well.  Yes I know I’m aggravating…
              <p style=”text-align: right;”>Yes, fundamentally dares should meet the parameters.  Outside is outside ect.  But..there is a good bit of consideration that should be given to the situation. If someone goes outside Naked in a very strict area, that is a pretty big effort.  On the other hand If someone is in France, Spain, or some Caribbean islands going naked on the beach is no big deal at all.  When we have visited clothing optional areas I always enjoyed being nude inside and outside.  Much less challenging than a restrictive place where people can face dire consequences.  But..dares should meet the standards.   I do look forward to your next dare challenges that may get more people in these situations to participate..</p>

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                @ed

I was wondering about simplifying future challenges by running separate indoor and outdoor challenges. That way people in countries like the US which are not free, can just do the indoor version. Those in the UK, Europe etc. where we have a little more freedom can do either (or both).

Whilst it’s impressive if people do outdoor dares in countries where it is illegal, I do NOT want this site (or me) accused of encouraging people to break local laws. That would be a bad way to go.

likes this

eeastwood09
                  • USA
                  • Topics: 0
                  • Comments: 39
                  • Total: 39
                  • Experienced Poster
                  @eeastwood09

The US is much more varied than you might think.  There are some areas where you could have big trouble, but in others you would think you were in Spain… I have spent the day nude at Canaveral national seashore comfortable, and quiet legally.  Same thing at gulf islands, and many other places.  Key West is Great!   But, on that note, I wouldn’t run around naked in Kansas for example..  It would be viewed as offensive to most of the people there.  Just be smart in what you do.  I imagine that even in Europe there are certian places and situations where it would be frowned upon…

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

Most probably, but I’ve not experienced any yet. Whatever local laws are, I have to be careful to not be seen to encourage people to break their local laws. There’s no way I can keep track of legislation in all the areas that community members reside in.

Anonymous
                      • Topics: 40
                      • Comments: 722
                      • Total: 762
                      • Ace Poster

It’s not straightforward in England. Here are a couple of news stories from the Cumberland and Westmorland Herald.

• The first one suggests there isn’t a problem, people were just concerned for the two guy’s safety:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Naked partygoers seen walking on A66 …</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: center;”>Date: Friday 22nd July 2016</p>
                      TWO naked men were seen walking on the A66 towards Keswick in the early hours of Monday.

Police were called by a passing driver and spoke to the men near Penruddock.

The men were returning to their homes in the Cleator Moor area, after having attended a stag party in Benidorm. They told officers they had been thrown off the bus on which they were travelling for being naked and did not have a mobile phone to contact family.

The two, who were aged 24 and 25, were taken to Keswick where relatives picked them up.

• But this one makes it sound more like the police would maybe treat it as a potential offence

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Walker wearing just boots and glasses</p>
                      <p style=”text-align: center;”>Date: Friday 15th July 2011</p>
                      POLICE are seeking a naked rambler who was spotted walking near Haweswater.

A woman from Penrith reported to police on Friday that she had seen the man, wearing just rectangular spectacles and walking boots and carrying a rucksack, in the area between Burnbanks and Mardale car park around 2pm last Monday.

The man is described as being white, aged between his late 50s and early 60s, around 5ft 11in tall, of average build and with white hair. A police spokesman said the sighting followed a similar incident which was reported in Sedbergh in late June.

In that instance, a pub landlord told police that a naked man, of a similar description, had walked into the bar asking to be served a drink and saying he was carrying out a charity walk in aid of testicular cancer.

Anybody who spots the rambler in all his glory is asked to contact Penrith police

Martin likes this

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.