• Author
      Greg
        • UK
        • Topics: 2
        • Comments: 16
        • Total: 18
        • Poster
        @grgsum

Hi.. went to Virtomartis in Crete this year..anyone else been or anyone want to know about our experience ?

Anonymous
          • Topics: 0
          • Comments: 31
          • Total: 31
          • Experienced Poster

Yes, would love to hear about this 🙂

Anonymous
            • Topics: 40
            • Comments: 722
            • Total: 762
            • Ace Poster

Yes please!

Gary
            Participant
              • Cambridgeshire, UK
              • Topics: 3
              • Comments: 381
              • Total: 384
              • Ace Poster
              • Verified as Male
              @gary

Definitely

Greg
                • UK
                • Poster
                @grgsum

ok… well it was our first time to a naturist resort and can not praise it enough … the grounds pool and nearby beach are all nudists … but the hotel interior, restaurant etc people are requested to cover themselves. This wasn’t a problem for us and indeed made the experience less anxious for us being first timers in that type of resort.

the hotel, pool, grounds were all exceptionally well maintained and comfortable, the resort isn’t cheap to stay but kindof glad of that .. it feels exclusive.  the owned beach 15 minutes walk away is fully nudist – indeed we didn’t see any clothed people using it, there is a hotel owned beach bar there serving a good selection of drinks and food with the added benefit that you can be nude whilst using it.

the whole experience was a delight – we had one of the bungalows in the grounds and the sensation of walking out in the morning totally naked was fantastic – there is also ‘organisers’ that arrange games  such as water polo, tennis, yoga etc and they work in the nude ..no pressure to join in any activities though… felt odd with the attractive but clothed waitresses walking around the pool taking drinks orders but soon got used to that !   so the whole experience was relaxing but exciting at the same time… loved the place

happy to answer any questions ..

Cheers Greg

Anonymous
                  • Experienced Poster

Thanks Greg, I had a look at their website and found the rates to be decent while not supercheap. One question though, are single men allowed or is it only for couples ?

Greg
                    • UK
                    • Poster
                    @grgsum

hi Charlie – pleased to say singles are welcome, indeed there seemed to be several when we were there as well as a couple of ladies that were clearly a couple together

Anonymous
                      • Experienced Poster

So, I tried to make a reservation with them… First of all, it’s not possible to book directly on their website or any third party website, one has to send them a request, not something I like…

I sent a request for next month for the cheapest room available, listed at 59.50€ (half board). They answered the following day stating that the room requested was not available but they had a few rooms left in the above category. For that room, listed at 69.50€, it would cost me 129€ per night (!). Correct me if I’m wrong but nowhere on their website is stated that there is an almost 90% surcharge for single occupancy… OK, still wanting to go I confirm that I want the room. There come another email, stating that as this is the last room available, the price will be 143€ per night !!!

I find this kind of practice totally unacceptable, needless to say I will not set a foot in this place !

Greg
                        • UK
                        • Poster
                        @grgsum

that’s a shame as its a truly special place ,,, we so enjoyed being naked all day there …

Anonymous
                          • Experienced Poster

Shame Indeed, the place looks nice but it’s a rip-off. I don’t want and won’t pay that much for the “privilege” to be naked.

Greg
                            • UK
                            • Poster
                            @grgsum

Yes agree it is pricey so many may not be able to afford it.. however it does make it feel a bit exclusive… and keeps the ‘riff raff’ out …

Anonymous
                              • Experienced Poster

Forgot to post my review about the beach, not the resort as I chose to stay elsewhere for the reasons mentioned above…

The beach is called Filaki Beach and is indeed fully naturist as stated by the sign on the road. However, there is no sign for the beach on the main road so the area is almost exclusively visited by the resort’s residents and very quiet (didn’t see a single car coming to make a U-turn in two days). This is not a sandy beach, only gravel / rocks so definitely bring sandals ! One good point, the sea tend to be very calm compared to some other places I visited and the water is crystal clear. Upon arrival you have to register at the small bar to use a beach bed / umbrella, it’s free for people staying at the resort but visitors have to pay a fee (can’t remember how much exactly but that was not very cheap). The waitresses are fully clothed and not very smiling. Sunbathers are indeed allowed to be naked at the bar.

On a side note, I’ve found a way nicer location two hours drive from there, in Matala. It’s called Red Beach and is clothing optional. I’ll definitely visit Red Beach again if I have the chance to go to Crete another time, not sure I will visit Filaki Beach…

Ed, and Steve like this

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.