Is society more likely to accept your nakedness if you are young and slim?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Is society more likely to accept your nakedness if you are young and slim?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2557
        • Total: 3147
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

https://vimeo.com/352972720

Over my many years working in this subject area, I’ve received a very strong impression that a slim, attractive woman in the 18-30 age range is MUCH more able to get away with public nudity than someone who’s older or less attractive. This situation is even worse if you’re male.

Charles VA likes this

Ed
          • Wales, UK
          @ed

I think people would be a lot less likely to contact the police in this situation than if a man was doing the same thing:

https://vimeo.com/341442064

Auxilia, Ed, and 1 more person like this

Sian
            • Wales, UK
            • Topics: 0
            • Comments: 23
            • Total: 23
            • Experienced Poster
            • Verified as Female
            @sian

maybe not??

this guy is male and not young

PembsWalker likes this

Ed
              • Wales, UK
              @ed

Good point. It’s interesting how there’s almost no reaction at all from the bystanders.

It does go some way to disproving my point.

Don Smith likes this

Anonymous
                • Topics: 40
                • Comments: 722
                • Total: 762
                • Ace Poster

The Hampstead one is lovely. If I’d been there, I would have assumed she was filming something. I think in general if I saw a naked woman, I’d assume she was either filming or doing a dare or possibly wanting help with her mental health. If I met a naked man, I hate to say this but I may well feel attacked. In both cases, part of me might think they were trying to distract me while they conned me out of something.
                All of the above is really bad – whoever it was would probably just be having a good time and they certainly don’t need me to have an opinion on what they’re doing.

Charles VA
                  • NW Arkansas, United States
                  • Comments: 4
                  • Total: 4
                  • Poster
                  @charlieva

Where exactly is that man walking? What city? It would be nice if my fat ass could get away with that.

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

The destination displayed on the Bus in the background says “Mile Oak” and the side of the Bus has “Brighton Hove” painted on it (I think). There is a place called Mile Oak in Brighton, so I’m guessing it’s somewhere in the town there, @charlieva.

Others may be able to tell you more?

Charles VA likes this

Charles VA
                      • NW Arkansas, United States
                      • Comments: 4
                      • Total: 4
                      • Poster
                      @charlieva

An ocean away, thank you.

Ed
                        • Wales, UK
                        @ed

In my experience, most British people are not bothered by other people being naked. It varies by area a little.

I’ve seen videos of US Police arresting naked people with force and handcuffing them (the naked people were not resisting) – I can’t imagine that happening here.

Years ago, in London, I saw four naked women protesting outside an animal furs shop. Two Police officers were “in attendance” but they were chatting with them and just there to ensure there wasn’t any trouble.

Anonymous
                          • Ace Poster

I only have fictional USA material to judge by, but US police always seem to be portrayed as forceful and fond of handcuffs (and not in a good way!) whereas UK police seem to pride themselves on being friendly whatever the situation, though they inevitably have to use force if someone is presenting a risk of escaping or turning nasty. I’ve been stopped three (I think) times for driving “issues” and it’s never been unpleasant. I had a bit of a run-in with a jobsworth officer who wrongly thought I must definitely have noticed and ignored a “no access” sign but everything was fine in the end. I imagine that’s why we’re so shocked when police turn nasty, for example when protests or stop-and-search or large crowds are mishandled but those are exceptions. Maybe it would be different if I did something really bad, but hopefully they wouldn’t treat nakedness as a major threat to public safety requiring the immediate use of a taser or a clip round the ear.

These guys did end up getting arrested (https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/09/380453.html) but I suppose it being a nuclear base didn’t help!

Don Smith likes this

Ed
                            • Wales, UK
                            @ed

I was going to say I suspect they got arrested because they refused to move on from high security location or they refused to get dressed when requested to, rather than being naked, but it happened in Scotland and they have stricter laws in general on that sort of thing.

Anonymous
                              • Ace Poster

“they have stricter laws in general on that sort of thing.” – That’s worth knowing.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.