Here’s an odd one.

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Here’s an odd one.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2557
        • Total: 3147
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I’ve been trying to contact recent ex-community-members to find out why they left. Admittedly, I’ve been mostly unsuccessful but three people have replied with variations on the same idea. I’ve heard this same issue from members in the past too, so I’m wondering how widespread this is.

Essentially, someone who has a passing interest, an interest they have not explored, happens across our little community and finds it interesting. This person then reads more, gets more interested and participates in something like the weekly dare challenge or just other dares. They may not even post any photos in the forums, but their interest becomes a fascination and thrill. They explore more and thoroughly enjoy it. They begin to find the whole exercise compulsive, almost addictive.

He or she moves on to increasingly daring experiences until realising they are pushing things too far beyond their original comfort zone, possibly run the risk of getting in trouble with family, friends, work etc.. He or she decides to stop exploring the whole area, delete their account and cease all activities.

This may explain why high-activity members in the community so often seem to suddenly disappear after weeks/months of being fantastic members.

If anyone is thinking along the same lines, please contact me first.

Gary, Martin, Auxilia and 1 more person like this

Auxilia
        Participant
          • Wales
          • Topics: 2
          • Comments: 75
          • Total: 77
          • Experienced Poster
          @auxilia

Risks with my employer finding out is the main reason I’m reluctant to participate in the online ‘events’.

Martin and Ed like this

Ed
              • Wales, UK
              • Topics: 590
              • Comments: 2557
              • Total: 3147
              • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
              @ed

A lot of people are worried about that. It’s the reason I allow masks or other face coverings for the events. Originally I thought those with covered faces would be less popular with voters but that doesn’t seem to have been the case at all.

If you’re worried about people outside the community finding out, you need to be very careful of items/views/photos in the background and any identifying marks or tattoos on your body.

Ultimately, less than a thousand people per month visit this community, those that do are from a wide range of countries and most do not methodically look at all the photos. The chance of anyone you know visiting the site is slim. The chance of them seeing your photo is even smaller. The chance of them identifying you is even smaller again (unless your face is exposed!).

Martin likes this

John
              • Cheshire, England
              • Topics: 13
              • Comments: 271
              • Total: 284
              • Ace Poster
              • Verified as Male
              @seasider

I suspect there is some truth in that.

Ive wanted to do something for a while, but now I’m single and my kids are adult, there’s nothing to stop me, apart from work and providing none of the dares stray onto risking illegality.

Others may not be so lucky. I’d also add that I’m working back through old stuff, there’s not not recent activity/dares to drive traffic to the site.

Get something going again and see if it spikes some interest?

Martin likes this

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.