• Author
      Ed
      • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 478
        • Comments: 840
        • Total: 1318
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I’m looking for nominations for favourite experiment ideas which have been used so far in the 3 experiments which have been published so far. Once I have some sort of shortlist, I’ll post a poll to narrow it down to a top 10 or top 5 or whatever works best.

One of my favourites was when Rhian had to do a presentation of her own naked body, but I’m most interested to hear what other experiments everyone else liked. Hearing why would be most interesting too.

Ultimately, the top choices will help me choose what elements to repeat in future experiments and which to ignore. Obviously, I’ll still be coming up with new experiment ideas too.

Also, choices will only affect experiments yet to happen. Those just waiting to be written up have already been done.

Martin likes this

Martin
      • London UK
        • Topics: 15
        • Comments: 227
        • Total: 242
        • Power Poster
        • Verified as Male
        @martin

Hmm have to reread the experiments!

From memory though, I think it would be the “pick an envelope and that’s what you have to do” experiment for me. That total trust in the experiment says a lot about the subject themselves.

I am sure there are others though.

Prof Green likes this

Ed
        • Wales, UK
          @ed

That was a good one. Must do that one (or variations on it) again.

Martin likes this

Prof Green
      • North of England
        • Topics: 61
        • Comments: 689
        • Total: 750
        • Ace Poster
        @profgreen

Well, the third one didn’t seem as easy to break down into individual tasks so although I enjoyed it I’ll just choose from 1 and 2.

1. Best for me was Natalie on the chair and Manda on the coffee table
      2. Second, being stripped and posed. That reminded me of hynofetish videos which are good if they’re done well and not overacted.
      3. Third, sending Anni home naked has always intrigued me as to what happened next.

If I was a participant, I think I’d most enjoy the one where the “victim” chose who would take off their next garment, followed by the chair/table one. Even though I’d enjoy posing people, I’m not sure I’d enjoy being posed.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ed and Martin like this

RRos
      • United States
        • Topics: 1
        • Comments: 24
        • Total: 25
        • Experienced Poster
        @rros338

Oh darn, now I need to go back and read through the Experiments again (sarcasm).

Personally, I liked all of them, but I know that’s not what the question was asking. Much like Prof Green, I felt like the third experiment doesn’t have a lot of Experiments to break down.

From the first experiment, I liked the idea of the tea time, where everyone was talking and you stripped anyone who mentioned it, slowly getting more and more stripped as they started to figure out what was going on and questioning it.

I also really liked Rhian’s presentation, because it worked well into who she was and what she was good at. Makes me wonder if she remembered that next time she had to give a presentation.

I also liked the question of wanting to be the only one naked or only one dressed, because there’s not really a good answer that doesn’t make the person the awkward center of attention.

I also feel like you need some more normal ones to get people acclimated to it, like picking someone to strip and that person stripping someone else.

Ed, Prof Green and Martin like this

Ed
      • Wales, UK
        @ed

I think everyone’s right about the third session. I need to reread it myself but it was much more of a progression rather than individual experiments.

Martin likes this

Ed
      • Wales, UK
        @ed

Any more favourites?

Martin likes this

Martin
        • London UK
          • Power Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @martin

Sent you some thoughts on Skype 😉

Ed likes this

Ed
        • Wales, UK
          @ed

Sorry about my slow replies on Skype. It’s not my main account so I don’t get notifications unless I’m logged into it.

Also, today was really busy.

Martin likes this

Prof Green
      • North of England
        • Ace Poster
        @profgreen

Thinking of the Spinner discussion, would it be going too far to include tieing someone to a chair as part of an experiment? Probably, and that’s a shame. Oh well.

Martin likes this

Martin
        • London UK
          • Power Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @martin

Of course I’d have no problem being tied to a chair…. or anything else for that matter. Again, been there, done that – and it is on film!

Prof Green
        • North of England
          • Ace Poster
          @profgreen

Maybe having a script makes a difference. If I was in a film which involve me being tied naked to a chair, I assume I’d know what was going to happen next so I could at least be mentally prepared for the ice bucket or the uncomfortable insertion or whatever else was going to happen to me. In an experiment, I assume I wouldn’t know. I’d somehow end up being nominated for the challenge, maybe knowing that the first stage was to strip naked, maybe seeing a pile of ropes next to a chair, but not knowing if I was going to be blindfolded, closely examined, touched, carried outside, or just left there for a while. The suspense would be really exciting for me but if I was a nervous participant in one of the Naked Experiment sessions it might be a step too far perhaps? I think I remember @ed saying that some of the participants don’t want to be touched. I wouldn’t mind personally but I’d need to trust people to follow the rules if that was important to me. Going back to the script, if this was a film, I’d be able to prepare myself, but if I really was giving up control – literally exposing myself to whatever the other participants felt like doing to me – I can imagine that being a bit hard to sell to some people.

Martin and Ed like this

Ed
        • Wales, UK
          @ed

A big part of the experiments, so far, has been the participants not really knowing what they were going to experience.

Would it be easier if the plan for an experiment session was shared with participants a few days beforehand?

This wouldn’t be a particularly precise plan as I often adapt the order or details of experiments on the fly depending on how participants react. If someone is obviously finding something too easy on the day, I might push them further.

Martin likes this

Prof Green
        • North of England
          • Ace Poster
          @profgreen

The not knowing would be part of the excitement.

Ed likes this

Martin
        • London UK
          • Power Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @martin

You are right @profgreen. There is usually, or always, knowledge of what will happen next so you can mentally prepare. And that is important.

i have been in a film situation where an action was suddenly sprung on me – and I said no. In hindsight, I would have agreed to do it had it been mentioned beforehand so I could think about it.

not always the case – or sometimes things go wrong or too far. But then, as an actor, you have the knowledge that you could potentially burn the take to stop whatever happening.

an important part of an experiment is that it should be the naturalistic reaction of the  subject. And that is impacted if you know beforehand.

so to be valid then the experiments have to be unknown to the participants, but the experimenter would obviously wish to know that the experiement might be a success and so have a degree of knowledge about the participants.

so the example of being tied to a chair – equally valid if someone allowed it or if no one allowed it. But a waste if that was the first step in an extended experiment that could be totally wasted if the first step failed.

knowldge, and therefore “scripted”, is more necessary if the aim is to have a product to show others (ie a film).

Prof Green and Ed like this

Ed
        • Wales, UK
          @ed

I do extensively interview participants beforehand. I try not to give any clues at all as to what will be in experiments.

Martin and Prof Green like this

Prof Green
      • North of England
        • Ace Poster
        @profgreen

I used this image elsewhere on this site(!) but it struck me that it’s another thing that could inspire an experiment. Participants could choose a postcard of a piece of art from a set of postcards and then have to recreate it. You’d need some props, so maybe not very practical but still sounds fun. Then the others could have a really good close-up look at the exhibit before it’s their turn.

Martin, RRos, Auxilia and 1 more person like this

RRos
        • United States
          • Experienced Poster
          @rros338

This could potentially even include bodypaint to make them really look like the statue, especially if it was a gold or bronze statue. Applied by the other Experiment members or themselves. Unless the real model look is better…

Martin, Steve, Ed and 1 more person like this

Prof Green
        • North of England
          • Ace Poster
          @profgreen

And if @ed is prepared to send a respectable young lady home naked, I’m sure he’d be ok with leaving her trying to explain being covered in body paint!!!

Martin and Ed like this

Ed
        • Wales, UK
          @ed

That sounds like excellent fun! 🙂

Martin likes this

Ed
      • Wales, UK
        @ed

If you haven’t seen the bodypaint experiment on the Horizon documentary (where three people painted three naked people with a choice of red, yellow and green paint to denote how rude they thought areas of their bodies were), a video of the whole show is available for download in the Community Supporters area of the forums.

Martin, Steve and Prof Green like this

Ed
      • Wales, UK
        @ed

I’m wondering about starting a thread for everyone to post their ideal/dream naked experiment. Obviously they may not be viable and there might not be the resources available to try them out, but it could be fun to hear what everyone would like to try.

RRos, Steve, Prof Green and 1 more person like this

RRos
        • United States
          • Experienced Poster
          @rros338

I mean, my dream Experiment would be either the Horizon or statue bodypainting, which have both already been mentioned, so I don’t know if I could add much new, but I’m sure I could come up with something.

Martin likes this

Steve
      • East Sussex
        • Topics: 4
        • Comments: 130
        • Total: 134
        • Power Poster
        • Verified as Male
        @klogg

Underssing or being undressed by someone else is a favourite of mine.

Prof Green, Ed and Martin like this

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar