• Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 589
        • Comments: 2535
        • Total: 3124
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

Don’t worry, I’m not planning to start this anytime soon. Let’s get Event 4 finished first! But I would like us to start bouncing some ideas around for the next one. The thing I hear over and over again (apart from where are the women!) is that each Vote-Off should have a different theme or something to set it apart from the others. Otherwise it gets repetitive and it’s hard to find voters.

It’s not much fun for participants if no-one is voting in each round.

Halloween costumes got shot down immediately and the much easier choice of smart clothing is meeting resistance too. So, what can we do in Event 5 to keep things fresh and interesting?

Martin likes this

Joseph
          • USA
          • Topics: 2
          • Comments: 22
          • Total: 24
          • Experienced Poster
          @theshynakedboy

I know people here want to see an all female “vote-off”. I know that we lack female participation and activity on this website and this topic and idea has come up many times, but I still just wanted to say it again for ideas sake.

Martin and Ed like this

Scott
            • USA
            • Topics: 0
            • Comments: 57
            • Total: 57
            • Experienced Poster
            @djornt

I think you are on the right track with getting ideas early.   It seems, with event 4, like there is a bit of trying to get the ball rolling by comittee.  Of course, a handful of people contribute, but each has their own expectations, limits, and busy lives.  As ideas get bounced around, some loose interest and move on while others may just give up.   For some, too, I think the willingness to participate is both timing and implulse, which may not last long if  Given too much time to think about it.  I can’t help thinking that it would be better to just come up with a list of photo requirements, and post with a call for entries and a deadline. But there also has to be a fairly regular, and somewhat more active, pool people on the site to see it. This means engaging and maintaining interest in the site, in general, and possibly some email marketing strategies?

The other apparent problem, which is very much ties to getting participants, is engaging non-participants and getting them to vote, of course, and also input ideas for what would they like to see (that would get them on board?), and to talk about it on the forum.

Getting stripped by, and for, a larger audience that includes both women and men would probably be a plus for many of the participants.

Martin and Ed like this

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                @ed

Very true!

Lots of discussion on previous events was from non-participants and people who were considering taking part. Ultimately, it comes down to participants to agree, no matter how good the suggestions are.

Martin likes this

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                @ed

So, any ideas for how to make this one different to the 4 previous Vote-Off events?

I think outdoors is a non-starter given the weather many of us are having and the fact that it’s likely to get worse over the next 2-3 months.

Scott
                  • USA
                  • Experienced Poster
                  @djornt

Just to get some ideas flowing, One that would make it more interesting, though possibly cumbersome if not planned out well, could be something like making it a series of dares/tasks proposed by voters. Each round, “voters” would suggest a dare or task, with an acceptable method for verification. Participants would be choose from amongst the various proposed tasks and provide the verification of completion. Failure to complete a task means loosing an item of clothing. Each round the list of tasks would roll over and grow, but participants could not complete the same task twice. Game would continue until one participant (or more) was stripped completely.

Scott
                    • USA
                    • Experienced Poster
                    @djornt

I can’t help wondering if more people might be interested (and actually participate) if results were not entirely public and permanent.

Whereas it seems that participants are likely to have some exhibitionist tendencies, and want to be seen, it might also generate more participation if it were clear there were a bigger audience. Gauging by the activity within the group right now, at a simple glance anyway, the site seems pretty dead with only a small handful of active posters.

Joseph likes this

Ed
                        • Wales, UK
                        @ed

We tried running one for Supporters only (ie only supporters could see it) and that didn’t get off the ground.

If they’re not public, it would take a significant structural change to the site to have some sort of intermediate tier between supporters and public. If that doesn’t work out, it will be a great deal of work for me for no real gain for the community. If the public can’t see it, it makes it tricky to promote it and why would anyone nor participating buy votes?

Another thing: if you can’t see previous events (because they are not permanent and therefore are taken down after a time, it’s going to be even harder to get anyone to take part. Currently, they can look at previous events to see what happens. The first event took months to get started.

Scott
                            • USA
                            • Experienced Poster
                            @djornt

Your points are all valid.  I’m just trying to understand what the problem might be with the lack of interest.  I don’t know what kind of traffic the site normally gets, currently or historically, or how many typically stick around and are active.  Maybe it is just bad timing and too much else going on, right now, but I suspect that more overall activity site wide would probably improve things.

Ed
                              • Wales, UK
                              @ed

NE gets about one-fifth of the traffic it did a few years ago and about one-twentieth of its peak sometime before that. Back then it was making enough money to keep it running off referrals and advertising (mostly referrals). It used to be about 75% repeat visitors.

One of the problems is our repeat visitor count has dropped by 2/3rds and new visitors are down to just a fraction of what they used to be. We’re not getting enough new visitors but, more importantly, the ones we do get are mostly spending around 2 mins here and then never returning.

Occasionally, I get to talk to someone who has visited the site but decided not to stay. The most popular reason, by a mile,  for this is the lack of women in the community.

Most popular part of the site by traffic?  The blog. Second most popular area would be the vote-off event pages, then the Master Dare list. The articles, links, chat, rules etc. are effectively dead and the forum is not popular.

Part of me thinks, time for a massive revamp of the site, but I’ve done that a few times already.

Bamaswitch
                                • Alabama, US
                                • Comments: 105
                                • Total: 105
                                • Power Poster
                                • Verified as Male
                                @bamaswitch

Just an observation on the site – the Latest Activity list on the right shows current postings but the main forums page shows everything being very dated. This may affect how quickly new people come and go. From a first look, the site doesn’t appear to have been active for a while.

Scott
                                  • USA
                                  • Experienced Poster
                                  @djornt

That is pretty much my observation, as well, and my feeling is that you are probably right with regard to the impact on new visitors.  The problem seems to be that we need active participants to maintain an active site, but we also need an active site to attract and engage active participants.  My immediate thought is that it might be better to focus more effort on the ongoing events, dares, and challenges, which will engage people and prep them for things like the vote-off.

Ed
                                    • Wales, UK
                                    @ed

That’s why I am so keen to get regulars to visit every day and why interactions are SO important.

I keep trying to get things to the state that if you visit in the morning and then again in the evening, stuff will have happened here in between. That’s why I’ve reduced the forums by almost 2/3rd, to compress activity into fewer places. Before that, the groups and galleries were removed.

Scott
                                      • USA
                                      • Experienced Poster
                                      @djornt

Part of the problem may be the growing prevalence of people accessing on their mobile devices, rather than computers, over recent years.  I use my phone for almost everything, anymore.  Though I have gotten used to it a bit, I do still find accessing the site a bit frustrating sometimes.  I probably wouldn’t go to the effort of doing a full site revamp without a more mobile friendly platform and/or layout, and I know that would be a lot of work.

Ed
                                        • Wales, UK
                                        @ed

One of the main reasons for the last appearance revamp was to have full mobile support. I tried a range of themes, and asked opinions from members. I can test Android and Windows Mobile, but I don’t know anyone in real life with an iOS device.

Martin likes this

Ed
                                      • Wales, UK
                                      @ed

We’re never, ever going to crack getting women to take part, are we? 🙁

Martin, Bamaswitch and Joseph like this

Scott
                                          • USA
                                          • Experienced Poster
                                          @djornt

What if women were given a “handicap”, to help alleviate the problem that they might get the most votes just by being women?  Perhaps they could be allowed more clothing, to start with – bra and panties could count as one item each, for instance.  or, maybe, they could bypass a round (or rounds) of voting?

Ed
                                              • Wales, UK
                                              @ed

I don’t have any female volunteers at all.

When Sian left, she sent me a message saying she was fed up with getting friend requests from every man who joined the site. She was blocking people regularly and I even kicked a few off the site. She told me she lost count of how many men offered to show her nude videos or asked her to contact them on Skype etc.

Martin likes this

Ed
                                            • Wales, UK
                                            @ed

This community has already been revamped something like 6 times over the last decade. As I stated repeatedly before this last one, I’m not going to do it again in the quest to save the site. This one was a last ditch attempt to turn things around.

Maybe it’s time for me to do the brave thing and pull the plug.

Martin likes this

Scott
                                              • USA
                                              • Experienced Poster
                                              @djornt

OK.  I came up with a framework for a vote-of that should make things more interesting, and satisfy the desires of more of both participants and voters.  Here goes –

Participants can wear whatever they like, but there is a base number of required photos:

1. Fully clothed, 2. Fully clothed verification photo, 3. Top off (bare chest for men, bra only or hands over breasts for women), 4. Bottoms off (only underwear), 5. Naked from rear, and 6. Naked from front.

Women participants get and xtra photo, 3a. Top off breasts uncovered.

Here is where it gets interesting:

participants have the option of buying additional photos, AND, can specify the order in which they are revealed.  For instance, they can remove their bottoms before their tops, if they wish.  If they buy the optional hands covering genitals (nude) photo, they can specify if it is revealed before, or after, the mandatory nude from the back photo.

Optional photos might include the hands over genitals nude sho as mentioned, other additional poses, and/or additional items of clothing such as undershirt, hat,  tie, socks, up to a total of maybe 8 to 10 total photos between fully clothed and naked.

This brings strategy into the game for participants, and a little of the unknown for voters.   You might think wearing more items might lessen your chances of being exposed naked, but people might vote more for you because of it?  A person who starts out fully dressed in a suit may, or may not, have extra pictures and may remove jacket and shirt as one “top”, and someone wearing a sweatshirt may, or may not, also have a photo in  at-shirt.  And just because a participant starts out in shorts and a t-shirt doesn’t mean they’ll have their clothed votes off fast – they could have additional poses.

Nobody would know who had exactly what.  Mystery!

This is just an idea, but it might also be worthwhile to allow more timid participants to “fold” at a certain point before being stripped fully naked.  At a cost, perhaps.  And this is a bit of a crazier idea but, maybe, there could be a round where voters vote who gets to put back on an item of clothing?

just ideas to think about.  Curious to see what people think?

Ed
                                                  • Wales, UK
                                                  @ed

So good ideas in there. I’m interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

My personal reservation is making it complicated is a bad way to go. It’s harder to explain, more people will misunderstand and that has all sorts of knock-on effects. It has to be simple.

Martin likes this

Scott
                                                      • USA
                                                      • Experienced Poster
                                                      @djornt

Certainly don’t have to use all of the ideas, or any, but I think some can be worked in while still keeping it ”simple”.  Also, good instructions are important in any case, but I think people can handle a little more complication.   At least for the present, it would seem, “simple” may not be working all that well.

Martin likes this

Ed
                                                        • Wales, UK
                                                        @ed

The two attempts before Vote-Off one, were more complicated. Couldn’t get those started at all. It was only after I simplified it down to the setup for 1-3, that things started.

There’s no point having rules for women as there aren’t any. We used to have some women in this community but they all got hounded out. We’ve have zero luck attracting any for months now.

Should we drop the current design and go with this new one? It would be great to get some feedback!

Martin likes this

Bamaswitch
                                                      • Alabama, US
                                                      • Power Poster
                                                      • Verified as Male
                                                      @bamaswitch

Just bumping this to possibly get interest in another vote off going. 🙂

Ed likes this

TahoeTN5
                                                          • TN, USA
                                                          • Comments: 8
                                                          • Total: 8
                                                          • Poster
                                                          @tahoetn5

I’d be interested, also, love playing the battleship exposed game, if anyone else is interested.

Ed likes this

Ed
                                                              • Wales, UK
                                                              @ed

How many people are still interested in taking part now?

Bamaswitch and TahoeTN5 like this

Bamaswitch
                                                                • Alabama, US
                                                                • Power Poster
                                                                • Verified as Male
                                                                @bamaswitch

Count me in. 🙂

Ed likes this

Ed
                                                                  • Wales, UK
                                                                  @ed

Does the current plan work for both of you?

Bamaswitch likes this

Bamaswitch
                                                                    • Alabama, US
                                                                    • Power Poster
                                                                    • Verified as Male
                                                                    @bamaswitch

Sure. I’m guessing there will be some type of theme for this round also?

Ed
                                                                      • Wales, UK
                                                                      @ed

Well, the theme is still “smart clothes” unless participants can agree on something else suitable.

Vote-Off Participation Instructions

Sangroid5k
                                                                    • United States of America
                                                                    • Comments: 64
                                                                    • Total: 64
                                                                    • Experienced Poster
                                                                    • Verified as Male
                                                                    @antonx

Is there time to get in?

Ed likes this

Ed
                                                                        • Wales, UK
                                                                        @ed

Yes, absolutely, @antonx.

Sangroid5k likes this

Ed
                                                                        • Wales, UK
                                                                        @ed

I can’t remember why this topic is named “Vote Off #5”. The next one if Vote Off #4!

Bamaswitch likes this

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.