What is the problem with female nipples?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help What is the problem with female nipples?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 589
        • Comments: 2535
        • Total: 3124
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I’ve seen so many occasions on television or online where sites who are attempting to be “family safe” decide to blur or otherwise censor a topless woman’s nipples. Often they leave the rest of her breasts uncensored but, apparently, but just obscuring her nipples it’s fine.

This implies to me that the world is absolutely fine with breasts, but female nipples are seen as unacceptable. Is it just me, or is that a little weird??

Also, I do find it funny when people say that women’s nipples are not appropriate for children. Isn’t that precisely who they are for?!

Martin, Steve and Don Smith like this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 40
          • Comments: 722
          • Total: 762
          • Ace Poster

I have a feminist friend who is adamant that men have made nipples rude as a way of controlling female body image, and – yes – she also rants about men who are happy looking at topless photos but object to breast feeding in public. They’re turned on by taking an oppressive view of nipples while at the same time rejecting their intended purpose.

(I wish she hadn’t explained this to me in a crowded café though!)

Martin and Steve like this

Ed
            • Wales, UK
            @ed

That’s a new one, I haven’t heard before. I’m not sure I believe the idea that men are controlling women’s body image. If they are, I’m fairly confident it’s unconscious and not some sort of planned conspiracy.

PembsWalker
              • Wales
              • Topics: 1
              • Comments: 5
              • Total: 6
              • Poster
              @pembswalker

I lived in Greece for a year about 15 years ago. I remember being pleasantly surprised by shampoo adverts on TV using full frontal nudity as the ladies in the adverts washed their hair in the shower. There was no titilation, just matter of fact naked people doing what people do in the shower.

Ed likes this

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                @ed

France used to frequently have nudity (usually topless or rear but sometimes full frontal) in adverts, even on billboards beside the road. You don’t seem to see that anymore there.

Anonymous
                  • Topics: 40
                  • Comments: 722
                  • Total: 762
                  • Ace Poster

I’ve just watched Naked and Afraid for the first time. I see the Pixellation Squad is back in action. You’d think that one of the interesting points would be how quickly viewers stop noticing that the participants are naked but that’s not possible when it’s so oddly being drawn attention to. I assume the participants stop noticing very quickly.

Maybe there are other channels showing it without the vandalism. I hope so.

Ed likes this

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

I’ve never seen uncensored video/grabs from it, so I’m not sure anyone shows it without the pixelation. Anyone know different?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.