On stage nudity with a sense of fun

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help On stage nudity with a sense of fun

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 589
        • Comments: 2535
        • Total: 3124
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I may have posted this one before, but it’s still a good one:

https://vimeo.com/353081505

Eric Dom, Don Smith and Steve like this

Ed
          • Wales, UK
          • Topics: 589
          • Comments: 2535
          • Total: 3124
          • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
          @ed

I’ve been thinking a lot about the huge amount of “artistic” nudity we see online. There are all sorts of very arty performances involving nudity, many of which don’t seem to be any more artistic because of the nudity. I strongly suspect there are these other reasons for the nudity, beyond just the art.

1) Challenge – Many people find being naked in public a challenge. If you feel driven to push the boundaries of art, stretch yourself and your performance, doing it naked takes you instantly out of your comfort zone and makes you feel more vulnerable and genuine. Testing the limits of art may be inaccurate, but it can certainly test personal limits.

2) Exhibitionism – Given the high percentage of people in general who have an exhibitionist streak, it seems highly unlikely that artistic performers are any different. Some of them get naked in their performance because they enjoy it.

3) Bums on Seats – Every performer must be aware that a poster advertising their performance with the words “Warning – contains nudity” is going to result in higher tickets sales and a bigger audience.

4) Fame – Performances with attractive nudity are MUCH more likely to be shared on the Internet and the performer’s name will be known by more people. I doubt this one pans out in reality as, I imagine, the bulk of people who share the video will never go to see a live performance.

Have I missed any?

Steve and Don Smith like this

Don Smith
            • USA
            • Topics: 1
            • Comments: 41
            • Total: 42
            • Experienced Poster
            @dons256

Good points Ed.  I have to admit if I ever did modeling for a life drawing class, part of it may be exhibitionist in nature.

Ed likes this

Eric Dom
              • S Wales
              • Topics: 22
              • Comments: 34
              • Total: 56
              • Experienced Poster
              @doasisay

love it!!

Ed likes this

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.