Incentive to join.

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Incentive to join.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 589
        • Comments: 2535
        • Total: 3124
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I’ve just had a “complaint” from a visitor that no-one is going to be interested in this community as there are zero benefits if you don’t pay to be a Community Supporter.

Is that assessment fair?

I’m aware that I’ve been trying to increase the benefits for Community Supporters substantially (need more people to become supporters) but this might be making the rest of the community look less worthwhile?

Anonymous
          • Topics: 40
          • Comments: 722
          • Total: 762
          • Ace Poster

It must depend on what visitors are looking for. If they just want to look at naked people there is no shortage of other online sources of photos and videos. If they want to see each other naked, I don’t think they need to be supporters to do that, do they? Also, though, they’ll only get the best out of the community if they join in with the conversations. I must admit I’ve lost track of what supporters can do that visitors can’t, but the basic idea must be the same for everyone.

You can tell I’m not sympathetic to the complaint! 🙂

Martin and Ed like this

Ed
            • Wales, UK
            • Topics: 589
            • Comments: 2535
            • Total: 3124
            • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
            @ed

I want to give enough incentive for people to want to become supporters (the site really needs them) but I don’t want to devalue (or appear to devalue) the rest of the community. Keeping it free for everyone who isn’t interested in becoming a supporter is important but it would help if a decent portion of those people upgraded to supporter status. It’s such a tricky balance to get right.

Martin
              • Berkshire UK
              • Topics: 9
              • Comments: 317
              • Total: 326
              • Ace Poster
              • Verified as Male
              @martin

Yeah it’s the “unique selling point” that attracts visitors. Then the USP to make them convert to supporters. Then the USP to make them active.

not sure right now what those triggers are!

Ed likes this

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.