How would you like this community to develop in future?

Forums Community & News Community News & The Future How would you like this community to develop in future?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2557
        • Total: 3147
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

After the massive revamp a while back, I was hoping to turn this community around. That and some other initiatives have stopped the decline (which is great!) but things are still not as lively as many of us would like. I’ve adopted a lot of advice (almost all from women) to make the community more appealing to women, but that hasn’t worked at all.

I have other things to consider too, such as making this community, at the very least, cover its running costs. To that end, I’ve wondered about pulling more of it within the Supporters-Only area or reducing what’s outside it, but I’m not entirely convinced that will help the community grow overall.

People have suggested putting the whole site behind a paywall (which may be safer legally anyway) but that’s not where I want to go either.

My ideal would be community members being more active, so casual visitors see a lot more activity here and are more likely to be drawn into conversations etc. That in turn will encourage more of them to join and get involved too. With more people joining the effect should snowball until I need to add more sections and a wider range of forums to accommodate the new demand. With a more vibrant, engaged community, maybe more women would get involved and everyone would be happier.

Just can’t seem to get that momentum going.

John and Joseph like this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 40
          • Comments: 722
          • Total: 762
          • Ace Poster

I like being naked and I like seeing other people naked – NE gives me the chance to do both. I’m interested in why people are either attracted or repelled by nudity. I’m interested in how people end up naked, especially if they didn’t intend to, and that’s somewhere I could perhaps end up writing stories one day. With staged photos, I like artistic ones and I like ones that look as if they result from dares or challenges. I’m less interested in top-shelf-magazine-type shots where there isn’t a story to go with them.

On the other hand, I worry a bit about the mental health of people who seem to want to aggressively flash their bits at the camera, and also (sorry to be sexist) women who seem to need to expose themselves to feel accepted in a group. There’s a line somewhere between flashing your boobs because it’s funny or daring or whatever, and on the other hand flashing out of habit or need. Does that count as “consent”? Perhaps not.

Also on the negative side, whether it’s #metoo or police abuse or military action, I’m very aware of a really dark side to forced nudity and that makes me worry about the naked world in general. That’s not a showstopper – I’ve been reading studies about consent issues in paganism and in BSDM and it’s obviously something some people think a lot about.

So I enjoy being here but I’ve distanced myself a bit compared with how much I used to be involved, just while I think through the issues in my head. The problem is that my head works very slowly so I don’t know if I’ll ever come to any conclusions. For this site, my preference would be to make sure it keeps looking and feeling as friendly and welcoming as possible so that nobody worries about joining in with the conversation. To attract more women, has anyone suggested getting women to design the appearance of the site? I know nothing about design, but it feels quite masculine at present.

Arthur and Ed like this

Ed
              • Wales, UK
              @ed

The design was led by several women, two in particular. Obviously, there are limits to what’s possible within the script but women have influenced the community rules, descriptions used on welcome pages and even, on occasion, which features have been removed. The “Block” functionality was suggested by a female community member.

My choice for this site was a blue and white colour scheme, but instead went with pastels and softer tones.

Joseph and like this

Arthur
              • Long Island, New York, United States
              • Topics: 22
              • Comments: 216
              • Total: 238
              • Power Poster
              @shynudedude83

I am interested in the psychology behind nudity, particularly one-sided nudity, where one person is dressed in the other person is naked, and nudity in society in general. As a person who is not an exhibitionist and in fact very shy, I feel I come at it from a different angle, and that most of my stories that I write in my blog and elsewhere focus on the embarrassing and humiliating aspect of nudity, the power play and the uncomfortable nature of being naked, rather than on any form of exhibitionism. That’s kind of what I like to see in stories and pictures and videos in general.

and Joseph like this

Joseph
                • USA
                • Topics: 2
                • Comments: 22
                • Total: 24
                • Experienced Poster
                @theshynakedboy

In my humble opinion, I think that if the questions and stuff posted on the site’s Twitter was posted here also it would help boost the website! The content posted there is a great way to encourage daily activity and income t on the site and if the Twitter posts mention the website as a way to talk and learn more, I think we will get more traffic!

Ed likes this

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

I think I’ve already posted it all here. Some of it more than once.

Joseph likes this

John
                    • Cheshire, England
                    • Topics: 13
                    • Comments: 271
                    • Total: 284
                    • Ace Poster
                    • Verified as Male
                    @seasider

Weather’s getting better, push the dares, may get some traffic, I’m debating getting some done soon

Ed likes this

Ed
                        • Wales, UK
                        @ed

It was freezing yesterday but today is a different story. I hope that’s the end of the cold weather until much later in the year.

John likes this

Auxilia
                      Participant
                        • Wales
                        • Comments: 75
                        • Total: 77
                        • Experienced Poster
                        @auxilia

I recall I had some decent threads on previous iterations of this site about film/TV scenes containing strip games and F/F undressing scenes.  Would love to resurrect those…

Ed
                            • Wales, UK
                            @ed

I haven’t deleted any threads, they should all still be there.

Auxilia
                              Participant
                                • Wales
                                • Comments: 75
                                • Total: 77
                                • Experienced Poster
                                @auxilia

No I’m talking about one of your pre-naked experiment sitest – I’ve never posted those threads on here.

Ed
                                  • Wales, UK
                                  @ed

Wow, that was a LONG time ago. If you still have any of them, please do post them here.

likes this

Anonymous
                                  • Ace Poster

Helen Baxendale (here playing Truth or Dare in an old TV drama with that name) is currently in the new series of Noughts and Crosses (if you’re in the UK). I imagine she’ll be fully dressed throughout Noughts and Crosses unfortunately but the old Truth or Dare scene was quite a funny (amusing) one if I recall correctly.

Bamaswitch and Ed like this

Ed
                                      • Wales, UK
                                      @ed

I’ve never seen Truth or Dare. Is it worth tracking down?

Anonymous
                                        • Ace Poster

As far as I can remember, the character took her top off in the game to show that she was bored and up for anything. She might also have been showing contempt for one of the other players who had dared her to tell them a secret. It wasn’t the main storyline, which was a dark intrigue involving a group of old friends who had re-united for some reason. I recall the brief topless scene but not the details of the plot!!!

Ed likes this

Bamaswitch
                                      • Alabama, US
                                      • Topics: 0
                                      • Comments: 105
                                      • Total: 105
                                      • Power Poster
                                      • Verified as Male
                                      @bamaswitch

Just some quick 2 cent opinions –

Create weekly polls that show up on the main page. Registered users get to see the results. Supporters get to see possibly a bit more info.

Monthly (weekly?) banner dares / challenges. Would you risk being exposed on the front page for a certain amount of time? For bigger risk, this could carry over to the Twitter account.

Greatly expand the dares list. Some on the list are illegal in the US and bit too risky to try. Others, like the road exposure are a bit riskier but doable. Maybe add a dare of the month? Game of the month?

Create a verified user role that is separate from the supporter role. This will help weed out fake accounts.

Supporters may get an exposure folder that only other supporters can see. You could be exposed but only to a limited number of like minded individuals. Allow members to edit their own folders at will. Must only post pics of themselves, etc.

Virtual strip poker or similar in the chat room.

The main idea is generate items that get people into coming back at least once a month or so.

Announce each of these on the twitter account to help generate exposure to the site.

and Ed like this

Ed
                                          • Wales, UK
                                          @ed

Polls are tricky as the polls plugin doesn’t work properly anymore. I’ll have to find another one. I’ve never seen a polls plugin which shows the vote to non-registered users but only show the results to registered. Usually the two are not separated.

I like the idea of monthly dares. BUT I don’t want to have to keep coming up with new ideas myself for that one. I’m more than happy to do this one providing others are helping come up with new ideas each month.

I’m always happy to expand the Master Dare list. I’ve asked for suggestions on many occasions.

I can add a “Verified User” role, although we’ve already got “Verified Male” and “Verified Female” which do overlap with that.

There was a dedicated supporters only image sharing area (it was almost completely dead). All the Supporter only areas have been combined into one now, so supporters can still post to a limited (ie supporter only) group of people.

I’ll have to admit defeat on the visual strip poker in the chat room. I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

I try to announce everything on Twitter anyway, but having more to announce would be a big help.

Great suggestions. Thank you!

and Bamaswitch like this

Bamaswitch
                                              • Alabama, US
                                              • Topics: 0
                                              • Comments: 105
                                              • Total: 105
                                              • Power Poster
                                              • Verified as Male
                                              @bamaswitch

I knew some of those would be tough but just throwing ideas around. 🙂

I was actually unaware of the verified roles. How do I get to be verified? That might be good to add to the menu somewhere. Or I could have very well overlooked it. 🙂

Ed likes this

Viewing 6 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.