Failed challenges, do you feel bad?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Failed challenges, do you feel bad?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
        • Topics: 13
        • Comments: 136
        • Total: 149
        • Power Poster

So I have no idea how you all get your challenges completed but I try to put some planning into where and when things should be able to work out.

My question though is of you do set out on a particular day to complete a particular challenge, do you feel bad when you can’t do it for whatever reason.

I know I do. I had an attempt thwarted today by a locked gate. I knew this place, had been here the week before and it was perfect for a challenge. I was sure I was getting another point on the board this week but alas it didn’t happen. So because I should have done this before and didn’t I decided that I needed to (for want of a better terminology) do a forfeit. I ended up standing naked at the locked gate for a few minutes then walking away down the path that led to it again and back. I think I just get in my head about naked and free so I need to do something but it should be at least as hard as the challenge not done.

Ed and Martin like this

David
          • UK
          • Topics: 1
          • Comments: 76
          • Total: 77
          • Experienced Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @ibi2004

I’ve never failed at doing a challenge. I’ve only failed at getting a photo.

Ed likes this

Martin
            • Berkshire UK
            • Topics: 9
            • Comments: 318
            • Total: 327
            • Ace Poster
            • Verified as Male
            @martin

Swindon is within ready for me – need a “partner in crime” to help with photos etc?

Ed likes this

Anonymous
                • Power Poster

That’s something I’ve been hoping for for a while. Someone else to work with. For sure I could use the help and offer the same back.

Setting up cameras for shots then making sure you get the right framing all takes time. Generally by the time you’ve set up the moment in time that was possible has gone or you don’t quite fit in the shot properly so the end result is a poor photo with no evidence of anything.

Ed and Martin like this

John
                • Cheshire, England
                • Comments: 272
                • Total: 285
                • Ace Poster
                • Verified as Male
                @seasider

I’ve had quite a few failed attempts over the last couple of years, mainly because everywhere is so busy and it takes time to set up by yourself.

I’m in Cheshire, in reach of Manchester, the potteries and just about the west Midlands if anyone else if having difficulties with dares in that sort of location.

Martin likes this

Anonymous
                  • Power Poster

Wow trains to Manchester from here are steep. Driving would be about 4 hours each way mainly because there seem to be enough speed cameras on the M5/m6 to lose you licence at least 3 times over.

I will be driving your way next month but I don’t think I’ll be able to stop as will have at least 1 other person with me. I’ll let you know if that changes for my return journey though

Ed and Martin like this

John
                    • Cheshire, England
                    • Comments: 272
                    • Total: 285
                    • Ace Poster
                    • Verified as Male
                    @seasider

To be honest, that was more for if anyone was living locally to me.

Martin likes this

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.