• Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2559
        • Total: 3149
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

The vast majority of visitors and members are very nice, supportive and no trouble at all, but not all.

I don’t talk about it much, but I run this community as a hobby. It doesn’t make money and certainly does not pay for my time spent here. Hosting isn’t cheap (and please don’t point me towards free hosts and very cheap ones – my current one has a reasonably open policy about adult content, excellent 24-hour support and gives me a lot more bandwidth than most in the same price band). This site uses a lot of bandwidth!

I’m not here 24 hours per day. There’s only me and I have a full-time job and a family. I try, I really do, but I’m only human. I know the site doesn’t work on every device. I’ve changed the theme several times to address this and added many different plugins to improve compatibility but I don’t have the technical expertise or time to devote to it. It works best on large-screen devices like desktop PCs, laptops and tablets. I’d only use a mobile phone to browse websites in an emergency as I find most sites mess up on them.

I can’t be here all the time and sometimes I miss posts and chat messages.

Joseph, and Martin like this

Anonymous
          • Topics: 2
          • Comments: 21
          • Total: 23
          • Experienced Poster

Who among us has any idea what’s involved in running a site such as this?

Ed likes this

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.