• Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2558
        • Total: 3148
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

I know about WNBR and the Tiger Streaks, but can anyone think of any other similar events where nudity is allowed/encouraged/required?

Martin likes this

John
          • Cheshire, England
          • Topics: 13
          • Comments: 271
          • Total: 284
          • Ace Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @seasider

There’s a nude morecambe Bay charity walk in June, I think the 20th that I’ve got half an eye on, but I may be working. I found it very easily on Google search but can dig out the link when I get home from walking the dog if you wish.

Ed
              • Wales, UK
              @ed

Thanks, @seasider. I’ve added that one to my list (I found the link myself).

John likes this

Arthur
              • Long Island, New York, United States
              • Topics: 22
              • Comments: 216
              • Total: 238
              • Power Poster
              @shynudedude83

I can’t think of any real ones but I did write a fictional story once about a CFNM women’s March, where in solidarity with the women all of the men went naked while the woman stayed dressed to make a point about double standards and objectification of nude bodies.

Jim likes this

Ed
                  • Wales, UK
                  @ed

That’s what seems to happen at the WNBR. It’s almost exclusively naked men these days.

I think it was the Portsmouth one a couple of years ago reported that not a single woman took part.

Arthur
                  • Power Poster
                  @shynudedude83

I think that women might be more intimidated by going to public naked events like that and everything, but in my story it was different because it wasn’t just a mixed sex environment and ended up being just men, it was where there was a dress code where the men were expected to go completely naked in solidarity with the women who got to keep their clothing on to make a statement. And the main character in my story is extremely shy and his female friends sort of guilt them into participating.

I’ve mentioned it on a few forums before and a couple of people wondering what it would take to get sort of a CFNM women’s March going and how many guys would actually attend. I guess it’s similar with most charity nude events, you have to be really comfortable with yourself I think to be in a naked event in public.

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

It would be hard to get the public to accept a male-only naked march in real life. Naked women are viewed by most of the public as fun, sexy and daring. Naked men are more often viewed as perverts and a possible threat.

I’ve heard from several women that the reason they stopped doing WNBR is the spectators with cameras who are only there to photograph naked women.

Martin likes this

Arthur
                      • Power Poster
                      @shynudedude83

I think that is a good point, now that everybody has cameras in their phones it makes it harder for anyone to do anything in public without the possibility of having their image forever on the Internet. But I figure a person who is going to get naked in public probably isn’t shy about people knowing what they look like naked. I mean I can understand how you wouldn’t want naked pictures of yourself on the Internet, but if you aren’t embarrassed about being naked in public you probably wouldn’t be embarrassed about people having naked images of you in general, I would think.

However I can see that being a concern of privacy as you might be willing to attend a naked event, but you wouldn’t want a picture out there that somebody that you know might see, however unlikely that happens to be.

I guess it is true that people do enjoy naked women more than naked men in a public situation like that but I feel something like this would maybe normalize things and expose a double standard, that was sort of like the point. The idea of the men marching naked with dressed women would be like making a stand about how the female naked body is sexualized and everything like that, whereas the male body normally isn’t, but this would be a reversal of the usual norm. Plus women could enjoy it without feeling pressured to be naked themselves.

Ed
                        • Wales, UK
                        @ed

The women I’ve spoken to (and the accounts I’ve read from others) all say roughly the same thing: It’s not being photographed that’s the problem. If everyone photographed them as part of the event, ie landscape shots of lots of people riding, it would be okay, but lots of men focus purely on the women, use zoom lenses to get closeups and are completely inconsiderate of their feelings. Being seen naked by a crowd and being photographed as one of a large group is one thing. Being zoomed in on relentlessly, knowing that closeups of your more intimate areas are being recorded for purely sexual reasons, is quite another.

Some women don’t mind that, but many are taking part at the limit of their body confidence. Blatant voyeurism is a hurdle many are not prepared to deal with.

Martin, Arthur and Steve like this

Arthur
                          • Power Poster
                          @shynudedude83

I suppose that’s actually a pretty good point, if you are just one naked person in a crowd of hundreds or thousands you don’t really stand out, but if somebody zooms in on your genitals that’s another thing altogether. In one case you are comfortably anonymous but another case you are the focus of voyeuristic intention. If you had body confidence issues I can see how that would probably be uncomfortable.

To me that’s precisely why the idea of only one naked person is more intense, when you are just one of a dozen or hundreds of naked people you blend in with the crowd but when you are the only one naked everybody is focusing all of their attention on you and you can’t hide from it because you are the central focus of attention, there is no other person to deflect attention from you, and that can definitely make you feel very self-conscious.

Martin and Ed like this

Auxilia
                          Participant
                            • Wales
                            • Topics: 2
                            • Comments: 75
                            • Total: 77
                            • Experienced Poster
                            @auxilia

I’m just waiting for Spencer Tunik to come to my city!

Martin likes this

Ed
                                • Wales, UK
                                @ed

Let me know if you hear anything!

Auxilia and Martin like this

Viewing 8 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.