Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Naked reading group

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
        • Topics: 40
        • Comments: 649
        • Total: 689
        • Ace Poster

This picture came from, of all places, a John Lewis advert(!). It popped up when I was on one of the social media platforms. Naturally I immediately thought of the advantages of doing a reading group in the nude, mainly – inevitably – the way it would level out everyone’s status. That boring member who is always dressed in the poshest or most creative clothes always dominates the conversation, but not in the John Lewis version. Would this be a good thing to do? Has anyone ever done anything similar?

David
          • UK
          • Topics: 1
          • Comments: 80
          • Total: 81
          • Experienced Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @ibi2004

That’s a painting by the famous artist, Theodore Roussel.

There used to be a naked reading event in london before the pandemic called naked boys reading. It was inspired by a new york one called naked girls reading.

likes this

Arthur
            • Long Island, New York, United States
            • Topics: 24
            • Comments: 261
            • Total: 285
            • Ace Poster
            @shynudedude83

I’ve never done this before but as an author it would be highly appealing. One woman that I almost met up with before it didn’t pan out said that one of the things she liked was the idea of her staying dressed while I read to her naked. It would certainly be an interesting experience for sure!

Anonymous
                • Ace Poster

Giving a naked reading at your own book launch sounds like a really good excuse to be naked in front of an audience. I wonder if any local bookshops would be interested in hosting one. Maybe.

Ed likes this

Arthur
                • Long Island, New York, United States
                • Topics: 24
                • Comments: 261
                • Total: 285
                • Ace Poster
                @shynudedude83

@Prof Green

“Giving a naked reading at your own book launch sounds like a really good excuse to be naked in front of an audience. I wonder if any local bookshops would be interested in hosting one. Maybe.”

I’ve never heard of any actual bookshops having a naked book reading session. When I was thinking of it I was thinking more of something private like that one woman I mentioned to like the idea of me reading a book to her while naked, which is a lot different than going into a public place like a bookstore and reading your book naked to an audience!

But this actually came up on fetlife where somebody suggested if there could be some kind of casual get-together and I thought it a kind of funny thing would be to have like a book club but where you just sit around naked and discuss books.

Anonymous
                  • Ace Poster

For the bookshop, I imagine that authors or publishers hire the bookshop as a venue for an evening where the author presents their work and signs copies, but it’s not something I’ve ever tried to do. It should be cheap or free – the bookshop will profit from the sales – but I don’t know. You’d need to say “contains nudity” in your publicity, and that might get more people in!!!

For the one-to-one reading, that reminds me of a film called La Lectrice. Constance (played by Miou-Miou) gets employed by people who want someone to read to them. She notices that one of her customers is attracted to her, and she plays with the idea by gradually spreading her legs while she is reading. At the end of the session, the lad asks her to not wear knickers next time, but we never find out what happened next unfortunately.

The photos are from a trailer, so they’re very tame!

Paul, Arthur and Ed like this

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.