• Author
      Arthur
        • Long Island, New York, United States
        • Topics: 24
        • Comments: 261
        • Total: 285
        • Ace Poster
        @shynudedude83

I have had this issue for a while now but back in February when I got a new computer it took me several months before I was able to log on to this website where I kept getting an error message every time I would go to log on. There didn’t seem to be anything wrong with my username or password, I would just click login and it would give me an error message that that page cannot be found. Then for the last couple of days I had that problem again, and luckily this time now I was able to login normally, but it seems like from time to time I get an error message whenever I click login and I am wondering if anybody else is having this problem as it’s rather vexing and annoying.

Diana likes this

Kerry
          • USA
          • Topics: 3
          • Comments: 86
          • Total: 89
          • Experienced Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @risktaker

yes, I contacted Ed and it appears he got it resolved.

Diana and Ed like this

Ed
            • Wales, UK
            • Topics: 570
            • Comments: 2405
            • Total: 2975
            • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
            @ed

Sorry anyone’s been having problems with this.

I’m not sure of the exact cause, but the security system that protects us from hackers and spammers automatically turns the alert level up and down according to the level of suspicious activity going on. Sometimes it goes into full lockdown (when there are hundreds of attempts per hour to log into admin accounts etc.) and won’t allow new signups at all.

There seems to be a problem with mobile browsers sending suspicious extra requests with posts etc. that cause the system to go into alert. It can also cause individual accounts to be locked. If you get a “page not found” on the login page, you’ve been locked out. Usually, it would take a large number of failed logins, logging into too many accounts from one IP address, posting a suspicious number of links or posting too fast (eg 5 posts in 10 seconds) to get locked out but some Android and iOS devices seem to set it off more easily.

I’ve tried turning the protection level down but that’s letting spammers get through to post in the forums.

Diana and Arthur like this

Arthur
              • Ace Poster
              @shynudedude83

I actually access this website exclusively from my computer laptop, I don’t really use phones, but I’m glad kind of to see that it’s not just me, as I thought that it was something wrong on my end, but if it’s something that others are experiencing that reassures me that it’s not a problem on my end. Originally I thought it was just because I got a new computer and something wasn’t working but then since I tried logging in a few weeks ago it hasn’t given me another problem until today. Hopefully it will not be a problem again but if it is I guess I will just have to wait for the problem to resolve itself, as I guess it can’t be helped.

Diana likes this

NakedMadCat
                • Manchester UK
                • Topics: 4
                • Comments: 78
                • Total: 82
                • Experienced Poster
                @nakedmadcat

I frequently have issues signing in from iPad or laptop (Mac). I try a few times and if it still doesn’t work I wait a day.

Arthur
                  • Ace Poster
                  @shynudedude83

@NakedMadCat

“I frequently have issues signing in from iPad or laptop (Mac). I try a few times and if it still doesn’t work I wait a day.”

I originally thought it was maybe an issue with my password or something more my screen name when I started trying to access this from my new computer but I would try again and again it would give me the error message so after a while I just gave up on it for a few months altogether. Now luckily it doesn’t seem like it lasted very long but it does seem like it occurs often enough that sometimes I might have a few days where I can’t really login.

NakedMadCat likes this

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.