Why are you embarrassed of being naked?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Why are you embarrassed of being naked?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Joseph
      • United States
        • Topics: 9
        • Comments: 5
        • Total: 14
        • Poster
        @thefbifiles

Hello all,

so I know lots of people on this forum have not much embarrassment if any in regards to being naked, with the volunteers of the vote off clothes challenge being great living examples of it. But for the rest of the folks like myself that didn’t volunteer out of embarrassment or shame, and prefer to be clothed than naked and want to keep their “parts” covered. I simply ask out of curiosity why? What are your reasons?

Martin and Ed like this

Anonymous
        • Topics: 4
        • Comments: 74
        • Total: 78
        • Experienced Poster

In my head I’m still 27: young, slim, virile and healthy.  In reality, when I look in the mirror and reflect on a difficult 10 years, there’s no way on Earth I’m taking anything off.

Gary, Joseph, Martin and 1 more person like this

David
      • UK
        • Topics: 2
        • Comments: 45
        • Total: 47
        • Experienced Poster
        @ibi2004

I didn’t join in the vote off clothes challenge not because of shame nor embarrassment, just because it didn’t appeal to me.

The challenge is great, but it’s really for those who don’t get much time to be naked in public.

Joseph and Martin like this

Prof Green
      • North of England
        • Topics: 51
        • Comments: 696
        • Total: 747
        • Ace Poster
        @profgreen

A few reasons to keep covered

• As MrD.NUDE says, I’m not 27. I wouldn’t get a job modelling sportswear. I might be in with a chance of advertising kingsize chairlifts.
      • I’ve seen the very negative way some people react to things like World Naked Bike Ride
      • I’ve heard indirectly (so maybe untrue) of people getting into trouble at their work for nude, or even just a hint of nudity, in artworks
      • Naked men get accused of flashing. Naked women get accused of soliciting.
      • Some people enjoy being embarrassed so, by doing something I should be ashamed of, am I telling people I’m a masochist?

On the other hand

• Body image problems can be serious and I’d be setting an example by not being ashamed of who I am
      • I get the impression that worries about nakedness are a weird British thing – the rest of the world has more sense
      • Getting naked is a very gentle way of being subversive
      • It’s fun

So I try not to be embarrassed or ashamed but the mood comes and goes. I might be wandering round the garden, or even a very quiet corner of a park, naked one day and hiding inside all my clothes the next.

Joseph and Martin like this

Arthur
      • Long Island, New York, United States
        • Topics: 11
        • Comments: 53
        • Total: 64
        • Experienced Poster
        @shynudedude83

I guess it’s just because I am really shy, socially awkward and very introverted and withdrawn in general. I don’t have the greatest body and I have to admit while some people can be naked without making a sexual association I would feel incredible sexual tension being naked even casually. Maybe I would get used to it over time, but I have ever had any sexual experiences, so to be naked in front of others would be incredibly intense experience that I am not used to.

Martin likes this

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar