Not a great week in some ways.

Forums Community & News Community News & The Future Not a great week in some ways.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 589
        • Comments: 2535
        • Total: 3124
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

This week I was all set up for the launch of Vote-Off #6 (which I’m hoping to launch properly on Monday evening) when Ko-Fi pulled my account without telling me. That’s messed up my ability to do transactions on this website, so no-one can buy votes etc. Yesterday, I discovered one of my Twitter accounts has been shut down. Then, today, I found my Tumblr account has gone too. Admittedly, I hadn’t posted on that for weeks but everything I post there is strictly SFW.

All of these accounts are ones that have been active for several years and yet they all go within the same three day period. I’m feeling a little targeted right now.

I’m worried that if I switch to directly using PayPal for transactions here, I’ll lose that account too.

Gary likes this

Gary
        Participant
          • Cambridgeshire, UK
          • Topics: 3
          • Comments: 381
          • Total: 384
          • Ace Poster
          • Verified as Male
          @gary

That does sound a little suspicious ?

Ed likes this

Ed
              • Wales, UK
              @ed

I think it’s most likely just a coincidence, unless someone is going around reporting me?

John
              • Cheshire, England
              • Topics: 13
              • Comments: 268
              • Total: 281
              • Ace Poster
              • Verified as Male
              @seasider

I don’t know how much these sort of sites interact, but Musk’s running of twitter has been wildly erratic, not sure that would have consequences elsewhere but I can see him censoring your twitter.

Ed
                  • Wales, UK
                  @ed

It’s weird. I have a few Twitter accounts (work, personal, NE, etc.) but the one that got shut down had no nudity on it and was for a site I shut down years ago. Anyone who knows my NE Twitter account will know it’s very active and there’s quite a lot of non-explicit nudity on it.

I still think the account issues were just a coincidence. I had a similar thing a few years back when I lost two billing companies within the same week for unrelated reasons (one went bust!).

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.