• Author
      Bashir67
        • United Kingdom
        • Topics: 1
        • Comments: 4
        • Total: 5
        • Poster
        @expatnudist

Hi.  Does anyone know of sites that share naked hiking or walking routes? 

NudeNik
          • Sussex, England
          • Topics: 2
          • Comments: 37
          • Total: 39
          • Experienced Poster
          @nudenik

I don’t have a direct answer. I’ve walked naked with two organised groups in SE England. They don’t publish the routes they use as such One lists the start and finish points along with a brief description, a write-up on their site afterwards and photos of the walks – http://www.justwearasmile.co.uk/natram/index.htm

The other group does similar but without a dedicated website; it emails dates and locations etc

I also walk nude with friends on very informal basis, waiting for a nice day when a few of us are free. We’ve done it for quite a few years, since 2018s formal clarification of the laws on public nudity we’ve been much more relaxed about staying naked when we meet people, much like the Naturist Ramblers describe their attitude to it. We knew it was OK be naked in public before but the interpretation of the laws was very variable so we were more cautious previously, covering up to avoid potential hassles. Its great being able to be ourselves now and remain nude far more often. People we’ve met and talked to are often positive about our choice to be naked, just a few only mutter and keep going.

Anonymous
            • Topics: 0
            • Comments: 31
            • Total: 31
            • Experienced Poster

I don’t think there are any dedicated path for nude hiking anywhere, therefore no website. One can just decide to go nude…at his/her own risk… The only place that come to mind where it is legal to walk nude is along the coast on the Canary Islands, provided you stay off the residential areas.

NudeNik
              • Sussex, England
              • Topics: 2
              • Comments: 37
              • Total: 39
              • Experienced Poster
              @nudenik

As with other activities that involve nudity if there is a lot of prior publicity for a naked hike you may well end up with non-participants turning up to see the nude people. I’m not saying that some people on this site won’t appreciate the attention, some will welcome it, but others might not. If you look at what has happened at the start points of WNBRs it could seem like there were 5 or so amateur snappers to every rider. You’d be taking your clothes off, or being body painted, with a camera pointing at you from every direction. It put participants off, I know people who’d formerly ridden completely naked who became reluctant to do it nude, if they continued to attend at all. The rides have tried to set up screened preparation areas, which has made the starts more relaxed, beyond there you expect to be photographed etc. It is a naked protest. From my experience of organised nude walks they like to attract new participants and you know you’re likely to be seen naked in public  by other people at some point(s). They may take group photos of the walkers who are OK with being seen nude on their websites, but I’m unaware of them wanting attention from non-participants, the actual routes are known by a few organisers and those who’ve walked them previously.

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                • Topics: 590
                • Comments: 2558
                • Total: 3148
                • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
                @ed

Some of the WNBR’s have a riders-only screened-off area for riders to get undressed at the start. I think that’s an excellent way to make it less scary for participants. I don’t know if it encourages more people to take part?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.