More Physically or Pyschologically Vulnerable From Being Only One Naked?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help More Physically or Pyschologically Vulnerable From Being Only One Naked?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Arthur
        • Long Island, New York, United States
        • Topics: 22
        • Comments: 216
        • Total: 238
        • Power Poster
        @shynudedude83

Going along with my comment in the other thread I felt this deserved to be its on topic.
        <div class=”story__copy bigger pt15″>

Also going along with psychologically handling being the only one naked it brings up the question do you feel more vulnerable over the fact that you are physically naked, or do you feel more psychologically naked over the fact that you are physically naked? For me all of this stuff is in the mind and I think that the more people acknowledge the fact that you are naked and that they are the more of a psychological effect it has.

If I was standing there naked and nobody was mentioning it wouldn’t be as bad, but if everybody was constantly bring up the fact that they were dressed and I was not it would be psychologically crippling basically LOL. I mean I wouldn’t be able to stop thinking about the situation for a second if other people kept bringing it up. It’s a strong position of power to be dressed when somebody else is completely naked like that.

</div>

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.

, Bamaswitch and Ed like this

Ed
          • Wales, UK
          • Topics: 590
          • Comments: 2557
          • Total: 3147
          • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
          @ed

There are so many elements to this. I know people who are totally at ease being naked in front of other people but hate being the centre of attention. For them being the only one naked is only embarrassing because of the attention it draws.

Other people are totally humiliated by being naked in front of other people but love the attention (or indeed the humiliation itself!).

There’s also the element of bravery. You can be brave enough to overcome your shyness.

Arthur and Bamaswitch like this

Arthur
            • Long Island, New York, United States
            • Topics: 22
            • Comments: 216
            • Total: 238
            • Power Poster
            @shynudedude83

I agree because personally I feel that if you weren’t the center of attention and if people weren’t even acknowledging your nudity it would be easier to be comfortable, but if everyone was focusing on you and the fact that you are naked and looking at you and talking about how you are naked that would make it all the more humiliating, and of course the humiliation is part of what makes it exciting or, a big part of it, at least for me. I don’t see how I could be in a situation where I was naked without feeling some degree of humiliation as to me that’s just a totally vulnerable place to be both physically and psychologically and I couldn’t see myself really overcoming that no matter how hard I tried.

Anonymous
              • Topics: 40
              • Comments: 722
              • Total: 762
              • Ace Poster

I occasionally dream that I’ve turned up at an event unintentionally naked. I hope that’s a fairly common dream! Nobody notices that I’m naked and my fear throughout is that someone will realise and draw attention to me. If that happened in real life, I’d be worried about getting a full-on erection, as that would somehow undermine the defence that I was naked by mistake.

Back to this thread, yes, I’d be more comfortable if nobody noticed, but it’s difficult to think of an example where that might happen. Maybe a clothing-optional event in an art gallery, where people would be too polite to stare or say anything if I was the only one who actually turned up naked. The gym changing room I mentioned a few threads ago could be another example if, after I stripped naked in an empty changing room, others arrived and all managed to stay covered up.

If I’m naked outside in a remote and quiet place, I don’t really want to be spotted and I’d feel awkward if I was. If, on the other hand, I was playing a game or doing a dare on an experiment, the whole point is to be noticed and – depending on my mood and the event – feel embarrassed or humiliated, or enjoy being the centre of attention. Often my real motive for getting naked in a game, though, is to make it ok for others to strip too. Then I can satisfy my curiosity about what their bodies look like and how they feel about the experience.

Anonymous
                • Topics: 40
                • Comments: 722
                • Total: 762
                • Ace Poster

“More Physically or Pyschologically Vulnerable From Being Only One Naked?”

If those feelings (both of them) are wearing off, being tied up can help restore them! (In my current profile photo, my wrists are gaffer-taped. I did that more to prove to myself that I would go through with it, but I was only there with one other person who did the tape and took the photo. It was exciting, but would have been very different in a public space.)

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.