• Author
      Ed
        • Wales, UK
        • Topics: 590
        • Comments: 2554
        • Total: 3144
        • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
        @ed

Someone private messaged me last night, pointing out that the community was much more active and had more visitors before I made all the changes to make the site more welcoming to women. I was looking at stats from back then and, while it’s not totally clear-cut, it is largely supported by the figures. One thing I cannot argue with is that the daily visitor numbers before the changes were fairly consistently higher than the figures afterwards. We certainly haven’t had 4000+ visitors in a single day at any point since.

Is that due to the changes or were things declining anyway? Impossible to say but I suspect it could be a combination of both factors.

Ed
          • Wales, UK
          @ed

February’s total visitor count beat January’s by almost 20% and January’s was a tiny bit higher than December’s.

MissJD
            • UK
            • Topics: 0
            • Comments: 26
            • Total: 26
            • Experienced Poster
            @missjd

I’ve only recently joined but could I ask what changes you made to make the site more welcoming to women.? I’ve found it very nice so far but was wondering what changes have been made.

Paul and Ed like this

Ed
                • Wales, UK
                @ed

The original black on white colour scheme got changed to fleshtones (a female member suggested that). I added a “Block” button, changed some of the rules (see Rule 2 for example) and we stopped allowing male nudity on Avatars. We had a female-only forum for a couple of years but I eventually removed it as it was dead. I’m sure there were other changes but I can’t remember.

MissJD
                • UK
                • Topics: 0
                • Comments: 26
                • Total: 26
                • Experienced Poster
                @missjd

That’s very interesting, I can imagine black and white isn’t very inviting. A block button sounds quite useful too, let’s hope most don’t have to use it. Rule 2 is a bit of an odd one in my opinion but I can see how it might be appreciated by some.
                The avatar nudity one is interesting too, I’ve noticed some partially nude ones so I wondered if there were any rules about it, does this only apply to male avatars!?
                Also a shame about the female forum but little point continuing it if it’s dead.

Paul likes this

Ed
                    • Wales, UK
                    @ed

It’s all detailed on the rules page:

Community Rules

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.