Reply To: Why are you embarrassed of being naked?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Why are you embarrassed of being naked? Reply To: Why are you embarrassed of being naked?

Anonymous
    • Topics: 40
    • Comments: 722
    • Total: 762
    • Ace Poster

A few reasons to keep covered

• As MrD.NUDE says, I’m not 27. I wouldn’t get a job modelling sportswear. I might be in with a chance of advertising kingsize chairlifts.
    • I’ve seen the very negative way some people react to things like World Naked Bike Ride
    • I’ve heard indirectly (so maybe untrue) of people getting into trouble at their work for nude, or even just a hint of nudity, in artworks
    • Naked men get accused of flashing. Naked women get accused of soliciting.
    • Some people enjoy being embarrassed so, by doing something I should be ashamed of, am I telling people I’m a masochist?

On the other hand

• Body image problems can be serious and I’d be setting an example by not being ashamed of who I am
    • I get the impression that worries about nakedness are a weird British thing – the rest of the world has more sense
    • Getting naked is a very gentle way of being subversive
    • It’s fun

So I try not to be embarrassed or ashamed but the mood comes and goes. I might be wandering round the garden, or even a very quiet corner of a park, naked one day and hiding inside all my clothes the next.

and Martin like this