Reply To: Naturist, nudist or exhibitionist?

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous and Help Naturist, nudist or exhibitionist? Reply To: Naturist, nudist or exhibitionist?

Ed
    • Wales, UK
    • Topics: 589
    • Comments: 2535
    • Total: 3124
    • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
    @ed

As far as I’ve been able to find out, at least 25% of the population in the UK have a measurable exhibitionist streak in them (find being seen naked exciting or arousing). It seems that about 1 in 4 or 5 men do and 1 in 3 women. Until recently it was seen as a mental illness. The more modern view is that it is extremely common and not indicative of other problems, therefore it is not an illness. Also (mostly in women I suspect) wearing revealing outfits etc. is often part of the human “mating ritual” in Western cultures so that can’t be a mental problem.

Of course, this does mean that a sizeable proportion of all nudist/naturists are also exhibitionists. Many are probably voyeurs too but I haven’t found any figures on how many of the general population are voyeurs. I would tend to argue that most men are, otherwise what the point be of women wearing revealing outfits?? You have to have both sides of the equation for it to work.

Susan and NudeNik like this