Reply To: Is society more likely to accept your nakedness if you are young and slim?

Forums Naked People Only One Naked Is society more likely to accept your nakedness if you are young and slim? Reply To: Is society more likely to accept your nakedness if you are young and slim?

Prof Green
  • North of England
    • Topics: 51
    • Comments: 696
    • Total: 747
    • Ace Poster
    @profgreen

I only have fictional USA material to judge by, but US police always seem to be portrayed as forceful and fond of handcuffs (and not in a good way!) whereas UK police seem to pride themselves on being friendly whatever the situation, though they inevitably have to use force if someone is presenting a risk of escaping or turning nasty. I’ve been stopped three (I think) times for driving “issues” and it’s never been unpleasant. I had a bit of a run-in with a jobsworth officer who wrongly thought I must definitely have noticed and ignored a “no access” sign but everything was fine in the end. I imagine that’s why we’re so shocked when police turn nasty, for example when protests or stop-and-search or large crowds are mishandled but those are exceptions. Maybe it would be different if I did something really bad, but hopefully they wouldn’t treat nakedness as a major threat to public safety requiring the immediate use of a taser or a clip round the ear.

These guys did end up getting arrested (https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/09/380453.html) but I suppose it being a nuclear base didn’t help!

Don Smith likes this

Skip to toolbar