BETA TESTING

Forums Community & News Miscellaneous BETA TESTING

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ed 1 day, 12 hours ago.

• Author

Ed
    • Topics: 40
    • Comments: 58
    • Total: 98
    • Administrator of NakedExperiment Community
    @ed

Here’s a topic for reporting any issues found during testing.

This topic will be deleted just prior to site launch.

Prof Green
    • Topics: 3
    • Comments: 33
    • Total: 36
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen
    • Registered successfully.
    • “Buy us 2 to become a Community Supporter” unclear. How about “Buy us two Ko-fis to…”
    • Tried uploading a profile photo but tit said “There was a problem cropping your profile photo.” I wonder what the problem was. I tried a smaller image but then it said the image was too small. I tried accepting the default cropping but it said “There was a problem cropping your profile photo.” again.
    • Voted successfully in Have you ever taken part in a mass nudity event? and Would you appear on a game show involving your nudity?
    • I went into the naked people forum and then the art & stage topic. A list of links appeared to other topics (http://community.nakedexperiment.com/forums/topic/beta-testing/, http://community.nakedexperiment.com/forums/topic/naked-pop-music/, http://community.nakedexperiment.com/forums/topic/art-or-exhibitionism/) but I wsn’t sure why the links were there. Do they link to all the live topics in every forum?
    • I added the Naked as a chorus member topic and it successfully appeared. I commented on it successfully.
    • I checked that the above activities were listed on the Activity tab and they were.
    • Where it says “supporter” in a chunky green font under the words “topics – comments – total – admin” when it shows you posted something @ed, I had to zoom to about 300% before I could read what it said.
    • Don’t forget someone (@grumpy I think) offered to be the token naked man in the site banner! 🙂

Ed
    @ed
    • Good.
    • Good idea, changed the wording.
    • Avatar uploading should be fixed now. Let me know.
    • The beta testing topic should appear in ALL forums (it’s set to super sticky) but the others topics should only be local to the current forum. That doesn’t happen for me so I’ll keep looking for that one.
    • Good.
    • Good.
    • It shouldn’t say “Supporter” on my profile. There’s a graphic badge for that anyway, it shouldn’t be using text at all.

Gary
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Comments: 15
    • Total: 17
    • Poster
    @gary

Signed up,  activated and logged in

Voted successfully in would you do a naked game show

Successfully commented on the same

Bought 2 Ko Fi’sFi’s but did this by clicking the Ko-Fi link and not the “Community Supporter” link so I didn’t see the piece about adding your username to the KoFi message, should possibly include that info around the KoFi banner

Successfully sent a Friend Request to @profgreen

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Just noticed that when I typed @profgreen it didn’t offer me a list of members and hasn’t put the user name in a different colour on the post

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

@ed, @profgreen I did offer any of my pictures for the banner.  That offer still stands, providing my face is hidden by the banner writing (although I am now using my name as a user id rather than grumpy)

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Update to post #188 – when I use a computer Ed’s and Profgreen’s user names are underlined if I look at my past activity but not by looking directly at this forum.

However – in both cases clicking/tapping the link will take me to that person’s profile.

This applies to using both a SmartPhone and a PC

Ed
    @ed

All usernames are the same colour for me as all the other post text. That’s also the case on the old site. I’ve never attempted to recolour them. Would be a good idea though.

I am offered suggested usernames when posting but only after typing 3-4 letters. I will keep testing.

Regarding the banner, I will be updating that but it’s pretty low down on the list right now.

Thanks for all the testing, guys! It’s probably going to take weeks before we find and fix all the issues.

Ed
    @ed

I can’t believe it didn’t try the site on a smartphone myself. I’ve got a stinking cold – it must be affecting me more than I thought!

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Just  quick visit – I accepted friend request from @gary and when he tagged me it did insert the tag ok so tagging works.

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Now that I know this says “supporter”, it’s obvious what it says, but it wasn’t obvious the first time I saw it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ed
    @ed

When I redesign the logo, the site’s title font will change. I’ll redo the various role badges then to match. That’s a temporary badge just to show that the badge system is working.

I haven’t done any graphics design work yet.

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Hi @ed – just to confirm that you can use any of my previous pictures (under @Grumpy) to use in your redesigned logo if you so choose, just hide my face behind some of the logo 🙂

I am guessing you can confirm the @gary & @Grumpy are one and the same by my registration email address.

Ed
    @ed

Thank you! @gary

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Reply to #193 : at least 90% of my access is via smart phone and both the old and new sites work really well so obviously not a problem

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Hi @ed

Just tried to upload a picture at http://community.nakedexperiment.com/forums/topic/naked-in-public-places/

and it says the file size exceeds the maximum, by my reckoning the file is just under 2Gb.

Ed
    @ed

2GB is WAY too big for my server. I just don’t have the storage space for files that large. The current maximum for images is 1MB, but I’m not too sure about that as it only gives the community space for about 8-10,000 photos. If I allow photos 2GB in size, that space is going to disappear a lot faster.

2GB is huge for a photo. Most of my videos are only 150-350MB (and that’s why I don’t allow uploading of videos).

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Yes @ed, you’re right. I’m not quite sure what I was thinking of – that should really be much smaller

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

I’m still getting “There was a problem cropping your profile photo” – it’s the same one I use on the old site but maybe it’s too big, too small, wrong format, or maybe I’m just doing it wrong. Could the site include some guidance about profile photos? What can be used (picture size, file size, file format) and maybe examples of things that can’t?

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

The rules are numbered 3, 3b, 4 and 3b is indented. It looks as if they could be renumbered for the new site (because it’s new) so rules 3, 3b, 4 become 3, 4, 5.

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen
    • Tested messaging with @gary and it worked (reply received)
    • Bought two ko-fis
    • RSS feed looks sensible (but I’m not an expert on that!!!)

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Added a forum topic (Home › Forums › Naked Activities › Naked Dares › Simple challenges for ordinary people). That worked.I can’t see a way to delete the topic though. (Same on old site I think.)

Ed
    @ed

Topic deleting is a Moderator function.

Ed
    @ed

It’s probably a little premature, but I’m running out of time so I’m wondering about launching the new site tomorrow (Monday).

Ed
    @ed

Sorry about changing the menu layout a couple of times. It should be a little more intuitive now and I’ve got rid of the Home link as it didn’t really serve any purpose.

Ed
    @ed

Good idea or bad idea to open this new community up to more people for wider testing?

It wouldn’t be a big launch with all the announcements on social media etc, just announcing it in a low-key way on the old site to attract a few more people to try it out. It would be great to get 10-20 more people to see how everything copes.

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Good idea, but didn’t you ask for volunteers in the first place? Would you send messages to the top ten most frequent visitors or something?

Ed
    @ed

I’ve already directly contacted a few people, with a very poor success rate. 🙁

Ed
    @ed

As I’m letting more people join the community, I’ve changed the Beta Testing topic so it no longer appears in all the forums. From now on it will just appear in the Miscellaneous forum.

Ed
    @ed

I’ve just changed the forum overview layout. Instead of listing the forums in each category as a list, they are now listed vertically with a description beneath each. It does make the page rather long but I think it’s a much friendlier layout.

What do you think?

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Looks clear to me 🙂

Ed
    @ed

This morning, it was brought to my attention that there was a huge privileges problem with this new site. The Activity page has been showing ALL posts to ALL users regardless of which forum they were posted in.

I’ve spent the last few hours trying to find workarounds for this but have been unable to find one. I’ll keep working on the problem, but until then I’ve removed the activity stream completely.

I’d love to hear what everyone thinks of the current layout. There is a new activity stream in the right column. I put it there as a temporary replacement for the activity page. Apart from serving as a viable alternative it also works properly and won’t show forum contents to users who are not authorised to. Maybe this is the best way to go?

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

An idea…

Could a “tell me about yourself” box be added to profiles?

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

Regarding moving the activity list, now I’ve got used to it I think I probably prefer it. I think the old version had buttons to “like” activities but my memory is seriously sieve-like. I must be wearing too many clothes. That can be my excuse for everything!

Ed
    @ed

Members could post directly on the old one, comment directly and (as you say) like things. This new one is much simpler, but because to leave a comment you have to click on the item (which takes you to the actual post) then you can comment on the actual post, we don’t get the problem where comments for an item appear in two separate places (ie comments could be left in the forum and on the Activity Stream but were not mirrored between the two.

Sorry that got a bit wordy. Essentially, comments all go in the same place so it’s less confusing for everyone now.

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

👍

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Prof Green.
    • This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Prof Green.

Ed
    @ed

Quick question for @profgreen and @gary:

Can you still see the “Support NE – Buy us a Ko-fi” panel?

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

No

Ed
    @ed

Awesome. That means I now have much better control over who can see which panels. For Community Supporters, this should pull the Activity panel higher up the page and improve the layout a little. It also means I have the option of adding advertising banners (like on the old site) but not trouble supporters with them.

Ed
    @ed

New badges setup today (Supporter, Admin etc.) but they are still a work in progress. So far, I’ve failed to get transparency working reliably.

Prof Green
    • Experienced Poster
    @profgreen

They’re much more easily readable and they match the site banner.

Gary
    Participant
    • Poster
    @gary

Definitely like the new look and feel @ed.

Great work, thanks

Ed
    @ed

Thanks. Obviously, I’m pleased with the way things have gone so far, but I’ll keep improving and adding things.

The “big” launch has been a little delayed, but I’ll try to have everything ready by the end of this week. Then we can focus on expanding our membership. It would be good to get a few more Community Supporters too.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar